DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Pictures of your Indy or SS/T

11K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  TenneSST 
#1 ·
I've seen a few Indy and SS/T owners join up since I've been here. Post your favorite picture of your truck and tell us a little about it.

Here's mine.

It is a 1998 Ram SS/T. I bought it brand new at Advantage Dodge (Now Beaman C, D, J, R) in Murfreesboro, TN on April 11, 1998. It has every option except for the trailer towing package and sure grip. It has the 3.55 axle ratio. It currently has just over 58k miles.

Modifications:
Belltech 3" coil springs - front
Belltech 5" leaf springs - rear
Belltech Nitro Drop 2 shocks all around
Magnaflow catalytic converter
K&N drop in air filter
Shortened factory antenna
Surepull receiver hitch for pulling my utility trailer

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I still hop on here from time to time. Here is mine. Now before you guys cry fowl here's the deal with the front end. The PO bought the truck in 01 and this front end was already on it along with the absence of all of the stripes and badging. I bought it September 14, 2011 and have put only about 600 miles on it. Kinda hard to drive it from Iraq. It currently has 90,116 miles on it and I paid $1500 for it. I have spent about $2800 on new parts for it since I had to leave it in early October. I have a set of reconditioned/refinished rims, new tires, all new ball joints and tie rod ends, headers, an M1 intake, an SCT tuner, 2 inch lowering shackles, an EVSII factory keyless entry/alarm still in the box, 5 inch Autometer tach,brand new Mopar Performance valve covers and air cleaner. I also have all new hoses and belt for it as well and I will be buying a new water pump and tensioner and idler pullies next month. About the only options it had extra were LSD, rear step bumper, and towing package. I am more then likely gonna be buying a rollpan in the near future as well since my bumper has a big spot of rust in it.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#6 ·
I'm still here as well. Everybody has seen my pictures though. I have had the stock headlights on for a long time, those halos... I don't know why I bought those?

#7 ·
Had to look around for a recent picture of my truck. After a couple of months from now I will be repainting and installing some new body parts (hood, rollpan, front bumper). I will definitely add those on here somewhere when I do.

Love the black SST's. Before I bought my Indy I was close to getting one. Dealer couldn't get the truck to start since the alarm remote wasn't working. Had a beautiful hard top and leather seats with embroidered ram logos. I have never seen a set since that day. IMHO, the black SST's are the sharpest color combo of the second gen rams.

#10 ·
Since you like black!

Such a nice looking SS/T. :smileup: I definitely want to get my stance like yours. I love the fact that I can crawl under my truck easy for an oil change, but IMO its too high (people are always surprised when I tell them its 2 wheel drive). The lowered look really sets off the truck. You did springs in the front and shackles in the rear, right? Where did you get the parts? Summit?

#12 · (Edited)
Well I hope I can get a free pass.

I've been building my own step-side and had the stripes and decals made in lavender. The doors decals say Ram 1500 R/T.

Since Dodge didn't make a step side, or an R/T like it. I made it out of completely recycled parts=R/T(Recycled Truck). I'm seriously considering a full size roll bar (double-double) Center mounted spare on the roll bar, and a bull bar.

Here are some pics that I hope will get me the free pass. There are some subtle changes that include Durango mirrors etc in an attempt to give it a sportier look.

I know it's not factory, but I was hoping for an honorable mention for effort. I originally intended to fab a 2nd Gen Warlock III. But things changed into more of a Baja style look.

#18 ·
Looks like I'm going to be putting on the nitro drop 2's then. I should be a pro soon at installing shocks. Last ones were a real pain getting off. Don't think I could have gotten them off without the torch. These should be easy since they have only been on a couple of weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.