DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Warranty question

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Pull Ya 
#1 ·
I checked today on a extended warranty on my 2009 Ram

it turns out that when i bought my Ram, i got the 7 year / 100,000 mile warranty, i had thought that i had the 36,000 or 3 year warranty
i also have the Lifetime drivetrain warranty

i went today to the dealership & asked about extending my warranty, & i asked what my options were
the sales jerk said that I had options, that i could get the ADDED Care Plus warranty, or the Maximum Care warranty, or that i could get the Lifetime warranty, i asked him which was the best for me & to explain each.
He said the he didn't have any info but that i could read the pamphlets & decide for myself
He did tell me that the Lifetime warranty cost $1800 & that my engine would be covered, i then told him that when i bought the RAM, that the window sticker said that it came with Lifetime Drivetrain warranty, he all of a sudden hemmed & hawed & gave all kinds of crap about it.
I told him that i would take the pamphlets home & try to decide
He told me that i had less than 2,000 miles to decide, because i have 34,100 miles on the Ram & had to do it before i had 36,000 miles on it
He wouldn't even tell me if the Lifetime warranty was with Added Care or the Maximum Care warranty, or a completely different plan
He just wanted to sell me anything & was not willing to do any research

See less See more
#2 ·
What a Di**. Damm you find out the differences or you need help?

#3 ·
I never heard of any "lifetime" warranty outside of the powertrain. The added care plus package covers the following:

Engine
Transmission
Driveline
Steering
A/C
Power accessories
Suspension
Brakes (don't think it covers pads and rotors though)
Cooling system
Fuel system
Electrical
Instrumentation
Luxury groups (entertainment systems)
ABS

Max care includes the above and also covers:

Body mechanisms
Safety and security systems
Manual interior mechanisms
All electrical
Shocks
Torsion bars
Engine mounts

Basically anything mechanical is covered under Max care.

G
#4 ·
I have the MaxCare warranty on the SRT and the Ram, GT. $100 deductible on both.

I've gotten my money's worth on the RAM and expect the same on the SRT. Best price I found was from Chrysler Service contracts online. At the time, they even had a 36 month, no interest payment plan.

When I checked pricing, the dealer wanted almost twice the price for what I could get it for from the website.

#5 · (Edited)
I did ask him about the contracts online & showed him the papers that i had from
eSERVICECONTRACTS.com
he said that he had never heard of it, like i had said something disgusting to him
He then said that no contract from a website would cover Chrysler vehicles & then he actually looked at the papers in his hand & shut up, because it reads in bold print right at the top, #1 in Chrysler service contracts
today i again went to that website, & it looks like they are $300 cheaper then the quote i got for whatever plan the salesman was trying to get me to buy.

the Maximum Care Plan covers all mechanical components, 5007 parts in all
it does NOT cover
maintenance services & items used in such services
Glass, plastic lenses
body & paint items, including soft trim
wear items such as manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, & belts at any time
snow plows, winches, & trailer hitches

one thing that they don't mention is if labor is included in the plan ??? or just the cost of the parts
i read at one website that the cost of the plan, if added to my warranty now, would be $1500 plus change
the dealership wanted $1800 plus change

So i would have the normal factory warranty, the Lifetime Power Train warranty, the 7 year or 100,000 mile Added Care warranty, & now i'm going to get the Maximum Care Warranty on top of it, the Maximum Care warranty is transferable for $50 when i go to sell it

#6 ·
#7 ·
Wonder if this is available to Canadian owners ? :4-dontknow:

#8 ·
Yes it is open to Canadian Owners the contact #s are
If you need additional help or assistance with your current Chrysler Service Contract, please contact us toll-free Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Continental Time Zones.

1-800-521-9922 (in the U.S.)
1-800-465-2001 (in Canada)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.chrysler.com/en/service_contracts/faqs/?section=plan_sales_faqs

doing some more reading at the main Chrysler service contracts website, i went to the question & answer section & read this,
Q: What is the length of a Chrysler Service Contract?

A: Chrysler Service Contracts are offered with a wide variety of time and mileage terms, typically up to 7 years and 100,000 miles. Lifetime contracts have no time limit on mechanical coverage, but only for the original owner; they are not transferable unless required by state law.

My dealership is having a car show today, i will be going to it, i will be taking a few pix of the better looking vehicles.
At the same time i am going to ask someone if the LABOR charges when replacing parts is included in the Maximum Care contract

#9 ·
I called Chrysler Service contracts today & asked the guy what i would be charged to upgrade my 7 year or 100,000 mile ADDED CARE policy, to the LIFETIME MAXIMUM CARE plan, he didn't try to sell me anything, just told me that the new plan would cost me $2930 for the $100 deductible. Then he told me that i had to cancel my Added Care 7 year or 100,000 mile plan, but, he didn't say any more.

Then i drove over to my dealership & talked to the service writer that takes care of me when i go in for any service, he said that he would charge me HIS cost + 30% & that it should be less than $2930, then he said that i would need cancel the Added Care Plan too, but, that i would get some money back from the prorated canceled plan.
Then i asked him if the Maximum Care plan just covered replacing parts, or was labor included? He told me that labor WAS covered in the plan.

I will be upgrading this week, no matter the cost

#11 ·
I'm shocked the salesman treated you like that-----NOT!!!!! :doh:
I'm glad you got the information you were looking for. I may look into that warranty info also. Thanks for the info.
Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.