DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dawn didn't work helpppppp

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Pull Ya 
#1 ·
I have wax on my black trim used dawn as recomended and it didn't work anyother ideas thanks and using the dawn do u just wipe it on and off

#2 · (Edited)
I use a little bug and tar remover on a soft terrycloth towel. There was a product Mother's Back to Black that was specifically for wax on the black trim.

#3 ·
The only time I recommend Armor All is for stuff like that, the wipes work really well on removing wax residue from the black trim.

- Cajun

#5 ·
I've never heard of Dawn being recommended for that. I use an APC and agitate it until it is removed if it is on textured plastic. If the plastic is smooth, I will use a chemical cleaner wax and immediately remove it. Most waxes are safe on trim if you do not allow them to dry. What wax has dried on?

#6 ·
Dawn will take the wax off your painted surfaces but not your door handles etc. I use Magic Eraser and it seems to work pretty well. Beware of some of that Back to Black stuff. Some of it does not do good if it gets wet or gets rained on. It will wash off and run down the side of your truck. In the furture you might want to mask off the door handles and other black trim areas before waxing.
Jay

#8 ·
I just use hot soapy water and a scrub brush. If there's only a bit use a tooth brush. (stiff one) I've never found anything else that really works. Maybe Wax and grease remover and the scrub brush. You need to be carefull with that stuff though it may bite into the plastic a bit. (not likely but tread lightly)

#10 ·
I'm sorry but I have to ask--no disrespect intended--
Did you use smooooooth or crunchy? LOL
Jay

#11 ·
there is a plastic cleaner you can get at walmart/canadian tire

#13 ·
Autopia.org is another excellent web site. It is free and is for and by professional detailers worldwide. They talk about detail products and how to use them and show their results.
Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.