DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Got my 2010 2500 diesel today. Start the mods!

6K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Stangshcky12 
#1 · (Edited)
My 2010 Ram 2500 diesel was delivered today. Got it on Ebay with 5700 miles on it. The wife hates the color. Too bad, it's my truck! I already have new wheels and tires ordered. ARE bed cap is ordered. I also ordered Bushwacker pocket flares. Considering a new black and yellow leather interior like I put in the Power Wagon. I'll need a leveling kit. What should it cost if I have someone else install it? What should I expect for fuel mileage on this truck. 3.42 gears and 4x4.

Here's a before pic as of today.

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats on the new ride! Did you get that from Texas Direct Auto in Houston? I almost bought a truck from there. I believe they are the largest Internet dealer in the U.S. I would be curious as to how that experience went for ya. Looking at a car there for the wife.

#5 ·
Yes, I got it there. Very easy to deal with. They have over 1700 vihicles on Ebay right now! They told me they sold 2000 just last month. They seem to have a good feedback rating too. I figuered how bad could it be with only 5700 miles on it. I asked about their pricing. You will never get it for the starting bid. They set the reserve at $50-$500 beloe the "Buy it Now" price and that's what you can get it for. I just called them, they told me what it would take to get it. I agreed and they stopped the auction. Here's the ebay ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110685768303&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

#8 ·
It's something that controls emmisions on the 6.7s. It's basically a filter on the exhaust that catches particulate. You can remove it and get a tuner that will get rid of the engine light and codes and give lots of extra hp and torque and better mpgs. The only problem is you have to have the DPF to pass emissions (if you have any)

#12 ·
nice truck bud but im gonna have to agree with the wife on the color for now....but after a few apperance mods that might change my mind lol

#14 ·
Well, I put the leveling kit on today. Raised the front 2.5". After that, I put the 35's on. Ended up raising the front 4.75" and 2.5" in the back. It's now the same hieght as my Power Wagon with 35's. I had to use a porta-power to get the A-arm down far enough to get the springs back in. The leveling kit from Hell Bent Steel is a real nice kit and not too bad to install. It took me 2 1/2 hours by myself, and I've never done it before. I did have to get the frontend re-aligned. It was pretty far off they said.
I now need to paint the bottom black and paint the Bushwacker flares black and install them. Here's some pics.

#18 ·
Well, I finished painting the bottom and the flares. I painted a 1" silver marble pearl stripe between the black and yellow. Monday, it goes in for the yellow ARE bed topper. Then I'll be done with the cosmetic stuff. I want to do some of the performance and mainly the mileage mods next, but I don't know which to use.

#20 ·
Well, that is one yellow truck. I am not usually a fan of the yellow, but I like what you have done with it. Just enough chrome and black to keep it from yelling in your face...yet somehow you know it means business. Should finish the chrome accents out with mirrors and door handles...maybe a black fuel door?

#22 ·
Congrats on your new ride
She looks great,
love the rims.
:rep: for pics!!!

#25 · (Edited)
Really nice truck and the lift and rims are perfect IMHO. Welcome to the cummins family! Remember that the Cummins does not really break-in for quite a while. Think 20-30K miles for it to be 'seasoned' properly. Will run 300+K miles though without an issue if you just keep the oil changed and tow with her once in a while (they like to be worked). I would do the DPF delete ASAP if I had no state emissions to worry about. Will save a ton of fuel. Check the cummins section for more info on this and how to do it right. Good guys in the Diesel section. CAI from Banks and you should be all set. Have fun and congrats again! :smileup:

http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.