DODGE RAM FORUM banner

is EVIC accurate?

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  huntergreen 
#1 · (Edited)
Do you find that the EVIC shows accurate fuel economy?
My Ram used to show around 18 litres per 100 km average when brand new.
When it only had 1000 kms or so, I refilled right at 101 km.
EVIC showed 18.9 litres per 100 km. I actually put 19.2 litres in.
The EVIC reading was pretty close to actual.
Now warmer weather is here, and I have about 5000 km on the clock.
I am now showing about 14-15 litres per 100 km average.
This is a welcome improvement. I haven't actually done another hand calculation yet.

Jeff

#2 ·
Mine has been pretty accurate with miles per gallon. The few times I calculated it, I was within less than 1 gallon, and most times in my favor.

#4 ·
i use my EVIC for a general reference only, especially when it comes to gas mileage
when i bought my truck & got it out fitted for my business, i was only getting 15 miles per gallon, after about 10,000 miles the MPG climbed slightly
when i changed the air filter it climbed again, i had 20,000 miles on it by then
i had a full tune up done at 30,000 & it climbed slightly again, i now get normally 17.5 MPG
I just had the transmission & rear differential fluids changed, now using Royal Purple, mileage is now at 42,000 miles, i have not YET had a chance to see if there was improvement again
we will be changing from Winter gas to Summer gas soon & there is always a change for the better when we use summer gas
Most gas companies MUST have summer blend gas in the pumps by June 1

#8 ·
With a calculator in my phone it's easy to check it every time. I find that the EVIC is 1/2 gallon in the trucks favor on average.

I now have 1500 miles on the truck and I am seeing 1mpg better gas milage already...I was getting 13.5 and now I'm getting 14.5 for all round driving. We also have winter and summer gas so once the pumps switch over I'm sure the mileage will get even better.

And if you didn't see it, I tried between 87 and 89 octane and didn't have a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.