DODGE RAM FORUM banner

ebay accessories

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  hotkarl 
#1 ·
So...on our trucks, there seems to be tons of goodies to be had on ebay, and at reasonable rates. Some stuff seems too good to be true though when you see the pricing, and on ebay, sometimes, no matter how hard you try and research, you just don't know what you're gonna end up with.

Anyway...I see they have a few different sidebars in chrome or sometimes stainless for just over a hundred bucks a pair plus shipping, and, I see a bunch of toneau covers for under $150. I'm curious if anyone has purchased any of the multitude of accessories from ebay, and what your thoughts/opinions are on the quality.

My truck is due to arrive within the next week or so and I need some gear!

#2 ·
im not sure about some of it but im the same as you weiry about some of it so i guess you just gotta take a chance....and iv always said you get what you pay for

#3 ·
yes, off name brand stuff on ebay is made cheaper, but the name brand stuff is the same you would buy at your local 4wd shop without the markup. If you plan on step bars, go with stainless steel. I have a set of westin chrome bars and they have completely rusted through in about 5 or 6 years. Same thing with the westin bars on my friends truck. Now another friend has stainless on his 2002 avalanche, they have been on for 8 1/2 years and they look great!I will buy stainless steel for sure.
The lights on my truck sell for $200 at LMCtruck, think I paid $120 at ebay for the exact same lights!
I have bought alot of stuff off ebay and will continue to do so. you just need to know what your looking at.

#4 ·
I've been somewhat lucky in the get-what-you-pay-for category...everyone hits a bump in the road here and there though. As long as it's not total all out junk, I'm willing to take a gamble on something in the lower priced category, but definitely weary about the possibility of getting all out screwed on ebay...

#5 ·
I purchased a Tonneau cover for my 2011 Outdoorsman Quad on ebay for $139.00 plus $29.00, and I will say it worked great!

My Outdoorsman came with the Chrome alumimum factory stepbars...on the Outdoorsman I think they are overkill! With that said, I am interested in selling them if you have a quad cab...just PM me!

#6 ·
I purchased a Tonneau cover for my 2011 Outdoorsman Quad on ebay for $139.00 plus $29.00, and I will say it worked great!
Ha Ha! I think that's the exact one I'm interested in!
Please tell me more!

#9 ·
Yup. that's the one. Thanks buddy!
Looks legit.Think I might pull the trigger on it.

#12 ·
Hey, anybody pick up a pair of the cheapo nerf bars on ebay?
They are being listed as stainless, 4 step pads, with all the hardware etc, and priced anywhere from 100-130 bucks. There are a few different vendors selling them.

#13 ·
I have purchased many items off ebay for my vehicles over the last 8 or so years. pay attention to the feedback of the seller and cross-reference with name brand stuff on dealer websites and you can do no wrong. Ive never been burned even once.

#14 ·
Being that you see some of the same weather i do .. i will warn away from those snap on vinyl covers ... the extreme hot/cold that we go through will make quick work of this cover. Just thought i would mention they may be cheep but they dont hold up well in the Northeast

#15 ·
I've always noted that on e-bay if the price is low, they make up for on the "handling fees", if they ship UPS to Canada...then the brokerage fees kick in. In the end ..sometimes...it would of been cheaper to buy locally. You really need to shop the product out, and look at everything and add it up. Once in awhile though there are good deals.

#18 ·
I know the shipping trick. They list the buy it now @some cheap "x" amount of dollars, and then they beat you up on the shipping, and when you compare it to other listings, it ends up being the same price because they take up the slack in the shipping, in that case I check the feedback, and look for who ever has the best quality reviews, and who ever will ship it out fastest.

#19 ·
My first mod came today...my tonneau cover, the $139 ebay special with the snaps. Very nice, easy to install. I went with the sanps because my old man bought the expensive ziploc style cover and he doesn't like it because it doesn't roll up nice and tight, to which I had to agree with him on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.