DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Turtle Wax ICE

5K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  11HEM1 
#1 ·
Wow do I love this stuff. Claybarred the truck today then proceeded to use the ICE liquid wax. Great stuff, can't get over the shine. Just wish I had a camera that really captured how great the truck looks. My 11 year old son comes home from school and says "Dad!!!! Did you get the truck re-painted? It looks awesome! Better than the day you brought it home!". The metallic flake in the paint just glistens, I'm totally sold on this stuff!

Just need to pick up some tire shine tomorrow and she will be totally detailed! Well needs a vacuum too but she sure does shine!

See less See more
#4 ·
Looking good.......i use all their products......:smileup:

#5 ·
I would try the Turtle Wax brand tire shine foam. Comes in a green can and it's almost a foam/spray mix, I forget what Turtle Wax calls it, but anyways, it's the best stuff I've ever used. Doesn't run, doesn't sling off, spray it on and your done and it lasts for a long time.

#6 ·
Looking goooooood! I use that myself and really like the results, nice job! :smileup:

- Cajun

#12 ·
I've noticed this affect with almost any wax-type product that I've used...seems to just be a downfall to having a beautifully waxed truck.

However, when my vehicles get really dusty following a wax I've found that the wax layer makes it quick and easy to quickly wipe all the dust off with a terry cloth rag...have you found this to be the case with yourself?

#8 ·
I will try this product this weekend, my truck is dirty and needs it bad, lol

#9 ·
Makes me wanna wash mine....it's supposed to rain all weekend though.:4-dontknow:

#11 ·
this is really great stuff....its all i use on my baby and she loves every second of it lol

#13 ·
My Brother swears by liquid Ice for his Mustang, I snag it sometimes for my interior. It has that new car smell. I use regular turtle wax with the applicator sponge and after about a day the dust does settle on top. It is easy to wipe off. The wax does what it is supposed to. It protects the paint from the elements.

#15 ·
If you all really want a good wax try meguiars nxt 2.0 or the new one they just came out with, ultimate liquid wax....now thats some good stuff.

#16 ·
Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing. I was curious as to how well the ICE worked. Will definitely give it a try next time.

#17 ·
I really love that you can go over plastics and vinyl without the damn white haze! No matter how careful I've been in the past waxing my vehicles I always get wax on trim and plastic pieces.

#18 ·
Couldn't agree more. Love the Turtle Wax Ice. Been using it for 1 1/2 years. No problems.

#19 ·
It really is easy on and easy off. Plus, I also like the fact you don't have to worry so much about the plastic. Been using it for years and will keep using it on my Ram.

#20 ·
Turtlewax Ice is all I use. It's the best. I also recommend the Ice car wash.

#23 · (Edited)
Here she is with the tire shine. Literally took me 10 minutes this morning to get the dust off her, no additional wax just a microfiber cloth and a light rub down. I think it will be my new pre-work ritual.

I even applied the ICE Wax to the mirrors and mud flaps they damn near look like I took interior detailer to them. Brings out a nice deep black shine on them.

#26 ·
Only time will tell, I just did this on Friday and it was my first time using the ICE product. Hopefully some of the other guys that have posted in the thread that have used this for awhile can answer.

#27 ·
Ice is a great product, the easiest wax product that I've ever used. Heres my shine. The cherry red ram does look very good.

Attachments

#28 ·
Looks really nice! Where can you get this stuff and how much can you expect to pay?!

#30 ·
I get mine at Wally World.

#34 ·
Used the liquid ice wax today as well as the ice tire shine. Obviously it won't last as long as paste waxes but since I have a tendency to wash and wax every weekend this shouldn't be a problem. Do need some wheel polish so don't mind the water marks on those.

I love this wax, very easy to apply, no streaking even in direct sunlight and no white residue on the trim!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.