DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Replacement Tailgate?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  EVERHART 
#1 ·
Banged up the tailgate this weekend L

I was helping someone move this weekend, had a box trailer hooked up to it and left the tailgate down while backing up the trailer. :doh:

Anyways, I received a $1.1K estimate from a body shop, to replace the tailgate.

Anyone know a better avenue to order a new tailgate for a better price?

thanks
Mike

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Replacement Tail Gate

If you check out online salvage yards such as car-part.com or lkqcorp.com you should find cheaper prices. I hope this doesn't violate any rules for the forum.

#3 ·
Not sure where else to get one but maybe a backup camera on the next one?? lol

That sucks man and that is one of my night mares and if I didn't have my backup camera I am 10% sure that I would do the same thing.. Obviously you can't see behind you through the camera with the gate down but it will beep and stuff to remind you that its down..

#5 ·
I know how you feel. I did mine that way. I got 1200 to fix mine. I found replacement gates from junk yards for 753 and up. If you go to the dealer you can buy a new gate, just the gate and switch parts over for around 453. I said the he'll with it and stared fixng mine. It should be done this week. But the back up camera ad handle from the dealer is around 4 to 500 just for that. Not including wiring etc. Just get a new gate and have it painted the spoiler on the gate is $40. So you will get out cheap and keep some money from insurance too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.