DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Extang Tonneau cover

871 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  primo spaghetti 
#1 ·
Installed my extang toolbox snap tonneau cover a couple days ago & noticed I have a few loose snaps. Anyone else have this problem? Its not that the cover is loose & all the snaps are set to summer. But there's a handful of snaps that almost seem mismatched & the slightest touch pops them open.

#6 ·
I've had (3) extang covers so far and did have the same problem when I owned an F-150. Call Extang and they should send you (no charge) some replacement snaps. If you still have the same problem, females may be defective in the cover and they should replace it.

#7 ·
the last cover i had with snaps was in 1984 on my GMC S-15. They were horrible then, especially because they were drilled into the box side, not even a aluminum frame...

anyhow, with that being said i just put a new cover on my rig...didn't want to spend alot, but i did anyhow...for a vinyl cover...i got the truxedo lo pro qt...quite impressed thus far...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.