DODGE RAM FORUM banner

4" or 6" lift? and will it vouid my warranty??

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
Hey yall, right now i currently have a 2.5" lift/levling kit on my 2012 ram 1500. Ive had it for about 5 months now and want to go up a hell of a lot higher lol!! just wondering what would be better to do? the 4 or the 6 inch they only a few hundred dollars difference in price!! and i also was wondering if it would void my warranty??

#2 ·
This question has been asked a few times before and I have responded to it so I am just going to copy and paste, also I wil post a few other members responses to save them the trouble of having to repost :)

"I would not let a dealer install a lift on my truck, they charge way to much and you can get the exact same thing if not better for generally $1000-$2000 less at a shop that specializes in lifts and truck performance. My lift did not void any of my warranty except for the parts that were replaced when i did the lift which is normal, If you install a Cold Air Intake from K&N the dealer is not going to warranty that part... same thing applies to lifts.

When you decide what lift to go with reach out to me via PM here on the Z, call toll free at 855-432-3278, send me a text @ 816-686-2176, or chat with me @ DiscountAutoPerformance.com I would be more than happy to get you the best deal available on whatever lift you decide to go with, and we always offer free shipping!

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance"

Yes and no!
This will all depend in your dealer or surrounding dealers.
If it voids you warranty, it won't and shouldn't be for the entire truck. Just lift related parts.
Again, check with your dealer.
My lift did not void anything
Installing a lift or leveling kit does not void your warranty but any trouble that they link to your suspension or CV joints or steering will not be covered.
I hope these responses help you out some, if you use the search at the top of the forum you will find numerous responses saying that it will not void your warranty, still the best thing to do is call your dealer and simply ask them if they will honor your warranty if you do a lift :)

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

#3 ·
Check 4wheel parts website I think pro comp lifts when installed by any registered retailer comes with a warranty to cover anything the dealer won't because of the lift. I never read the small print

#5 ·
I will get with you on a price for a few things later this month after I pick up my 13 express 4x4. Think it will need a lift and few other parts I can't swap from my 09 big horn 2wd

#6 ·
I would also do the Pro Comp just for the 60K powertrain warranty.

Just my experience. I've had 10" and 37s for 2 years now and a handful of other mods. No questions asked from my dealer....Dropped it off today at the dealer this morning. Their putting in a new transmission and transfer case. I burnt up the 4c clutches in the tranny and the clutch in the transfer case :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.