DODGE RAM FORUM banner

It never ends... No power at all

13K views 105 replies 19 participants last post by  Simple guy 
#1 ·
Oil change? Check Trans fluid? Check ...

Now it says service 4wd After my adventure of submerging my truck. What should I do to self remedy this? I mean i am at the point where I am afraid to drive the damn thing after the trans fluid change. (which came out milky white and red)... At first I thought the transmission pan was over heating I almost had a heart attack. Then I noticed a ton of trans fluid on the exhaust pipe just under it which had come out when i dropped the pan originally. but still unsure. I cleaned it up. Should I clean the front differential before I drive it? Or the coolant? I am about ready to just jump in it and give it a go, but I know its probably a bad idea

#94 ·
Lmao, I lit a fire under there asses every day. So far the guy told me they had to replace the "pipm"... Which I assumed he means the Tipm. Also the battery, and think he mentioned a pcm??? I can't believe it. Also some nonsense about a "module" for 4x4 service light

#99 ·
They didn't fix it. They changed the Tipm, battery storage, occupant restraint, replaced orc module,reprogrammed Tipm,

After all that I managed to drive it home no problem, but now its stuck in park in my damn driveway.... Any thoughts?

#100 ·
I would assume there's a shift selenoid that when you press the brake pedal it releases the lock on the shifter. May be damaged from the water. Probably also is the switch for the brake lights. On my wife's old aveo it would stick and you'd have to reach up under the dash and jiggle the button on the switch then it'd be good again for a few months.

#103 ·
Wow. Looks like you have more than just an electrical problem in there.

I guess this lesson is learned. Next time just push it all the way in and then pull it out! Get all of your stuff out and call insurance. What a mess..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.