DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Replacing rear power window on 2010

10K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  fulton 
#1 ·
So as some of you guys know my 2010 ram was broken into. Just to steal my headrest. Now i have to replace the rear sliding/power window. Does anyone here know how to replace that lil window. Any techs pls help. Lots of money to replace plus like 150 for window. thinking of replacing it with plexi. Thanx ramforumz for all the help

#2 ·
First question comes to mind is insurance?

I've done several window installs on older model cars and trucks. I can be tricky at times, really depends on how the interior of the door itself is designed.

Basically remove the interior door panel and take a look to see what you have. Pull the switch from the door panel and hook it back up to the wires after you take off the panel so you can see how the whole mechanism works.

With the mechanism fully down, take out what's left of the old window and then slide in the new one. I don't recommend plexiglass though. It has terrible long term wear/clarity.

#3 ·
First off that sucks your truck got brokin into. Sounds like a gang initation as thats what the stupid gangs to around here. Here's what I could come up with. let me know if you need more and I might can dig up some more.
  1. Slide the upper run channel (1) out of the window frame (2).
  2. Slide the vent glass (3) upward to remove from the lower window frame (2).
  3. Lower the glass (3) out of the upper window frame (2) and remove.

#13 ·
THNX SO MUCH. now that works for a manuel window. got the window in place. now i have to put the cables on each side of it for it to be able to close and open. now how do i realese the cables from the old window frame. i mean how do i get some slack out of them to be able to pull them out.

#5 ·
Hhheeeeeeeeellllllpppppp!!!!!!!

I really need some help replacing my rear sliding POWER window. I had already started a thread and some one was helping me but i cant find it anymore. So heres whats happening. I removed my back seats and the headliner already. It just seems like its all one big rubber peace (the track where the middle power sliding window sits in, top and bottom) It just seems that if i was to remove the tracks, it would come out with the entire rear window, its all one piece, no screws for it or nothing. Its late ryte now but i will post pictures up tomorow when i get off work. Spent half the day removing the seats and headliner. (which i probably didnt have to remove in the first place) but i did and since its out i might redo in a suede, coach or burberry. But thats a different topic. HHHHHEEEEEELLLLPPPPPP PLEASE.

#9 ·
One of the 'oddities' of this forum that you'll seldom see elsewhere,,, threads get moved by the Mods on a regular basis.

Never did understand the 'click on the new posts tab instead' rationality,,,.

(And I still don't use it.)

Myself, I don't really want to sift through a bunch of new posts covering a barrel full subjects that I have no interest in....

BUT, sorry for the OT rant.

#10 ·
No problem man and I put these two threads together. That way anyone else looking for this info can find it, but good luck with that and be sure to keep us posted. :)

- Cajun

#12 ·
There are 2 ways to find a post you made.

1. Click on "search" then "advanced search" then type in your name and hit enter.
2. Click on your name in any thread and then click "find posts all posts".

#20 ·
WOW thanx. this wouldve made it a lot easier but i got it. you know those two black pins with the gold springs tha tattach to the motors (cables) push those two in (like your grasping it) and theres your slack. no need to remove those pins from the track, which i couldnt anyway. there like glued in there or something i didnt want to break them. but in the future for anyone else. allyou do is remove the back seats (no headliner), slide out that upper track and push those pins together nad voula (probly didnt spell that right) but you get the poin. thanx again for all the help

#21 ·
I suggest the power's that be add this thread to the knowledge base. Good info here.

Glad you got it fixed Laramie.

#25 ·
having trouble with the same thing, but need to replace the lower rear slide bracket that the glass fits in cables attach too. Need to replace the cable assemby and trying to remove: 1) removing the sliding pwr sliding center glass window out of the frame and 2) removing the slider bracket out of the frame 3) the cable ends that fit into the groove of the bracket where the cable continues out to attach the the sliding bracket for the window

Please keep this post going, need more addition help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.