DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Connecticut Meet & Greet August 16 2014 Sign Up !

4K views 59 replies 8 participants last post by  JimsRamTruck2012 
#1 ·
We have done this M&G for the last 2 years
We usually Meet in the large parking lot & then go inside for a meal & after that, line up the Rams for pix
I will be driving in for a vacation

Place:

Tilted Kilt Wethersfield
1151 Silas Deane Hwy
Wethersfield, CT 6109
860- 257-8458

GTyankee, from San Diego

#31 ·
Its getting closer to Saturday by the hour
I hope we can get a few more people to come out to the Meet & Greet

#36 ·
11am sounds good
I will likely be there a bit before then
The weather is suppose to be close to perfect

#38 · (Edited)
Steve, no worries
I am the only Ram in the parking lot, i arrived at 11:05.
I installed my replacement vehicle internet router & connected up
Jim from New Jersey was hung up in traffic on the 287, we talked a bit ago & he was on the Merritt Prky.

I am seeing several Rams driving past & wondering if they will pull in.

Guess i will just have to settle for watching the Tilted Kilt lasses as they set up the outside patio for business
:)

See you soon, drive safe

Jim just pulled in :)

#40 ·
I enjoyed the meet up too
Even with only 3 of us being there this year
Guess the other Connecticut bunch had a car show to attend

As seems to be said all to often, there is always next year
I should be showing off a 2015 Ram QC Eco Diesel next year

#43 ·
For those of you who didn't attended this for what ever reason :gy:!!!! :LOL:

Now as for this event it was very small yes, but the time was just as good. :smileup:

To GT - Thanks again for wanting to do this m&g. You do 1 hell of a drive and I only wish I could convoy with you. :smileup: Also, good luck with getting the new truck. Can't wait to see it. :smileup:

To huntergreen - Good to meet you and see that great looking regular cab truck of yours. Went down the shore the next day and came across a lot with a nice selection of regular cab rams. I drooled. :D

#45 ·
I don't know about that. Went down into S. Jersey the next day and saw about 6 or 8 regular cabs on a Ram dealership lot.

I know in NJ it's not easy at all to find a regular cab truck because so many people have families and want to take friends with them places. But I think the state going to shift from young families to empty nesters and the regular cab will be back in force. At least I hope so. :thk:

#50 ·
:)

Last night i didn't have internet & i seem to have caught a sinus infection/cold ?

Here is a break down so far

I left Connecticut on Thursday
I drove through NY, NJ, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, & most of West Virginia. I spent the night in Marion, WV.
I left there in the morning, no coffee shops or restaurants there :(
Being as it was Friday, every policeman in West Virginia & Tennessee was out with their Radar. I was on the I-40 heading west, there were temporary signs everywhere
BE PREPARED FOR LONG DELAYS, RACE TODAY, Nascar was at Bristol Tn.
I can tell you that when i drove up a On Ramp to the I-40, the radar gun was in perfect condition... 10 miles over the speed limit & he actually gave me a break, i had been going a bit faster.
I drove about 550 miles on Friday & stayed somewhere in Arkansas that night
Saturday i only drove about 3 hours to Texarkana & stayed over night :)
Sunday i drove to Sweetwater Tx & i believe that was where i came down with something
Today i drove from Sweetwater Tx through New Mexico & then to Benson Az.

Tomorrow i will easily complete the trip, maybe 6 or 7 hours drive time

I have been real lucky on this return home, i dodged almost all the construction
There was only one accident south of Fort Worth that really messed up traffic for a couple hours

Tomorrow Arizona is going to catch heavy rain & i will be hitting it in Tucson & Phoenix

#54 ·
I ended my trip yesterday at 6:30 pm
Truck needs to be unloaded still
I came close to having an accident only 3 Exit Ramps from the one leading to my place
A young blond was entering the Freeway at a high rate of speed, & must have had something on her mind, i caught a glimpse of the top of her vehicle in my side mirror & i determined that she was either going to hit my rear door or go over the embankment. Luckily there was no vehicle to my left, ( this place is a known for being a bad bottleneck ) & i was able to swerve into the other lane.
She then saw that both lanes were blocked ahead of her & she was held up by them for a bit & she didn't look at me. Then she shot ahead weaving through traffic.
The funny thing was, she was taking the same off ramp as i was & had to wait through the traffic signal, i pulled up behind her & i saw her look in her side mirror & she looked panicked, like i had road rage or something.
The light changed & i watched as she broke almost every traffic law in the book getting away from the light & me.

#57 · (Edited)
I finally found out why i could not upload pictures from my SD card to my Picture files on my laptop
I had installed my printers software into my laptop & the software added something called PaperPort, it took over everything to do with downloads & uploads.
I deleted PaperPort & everything is back to normal

Here are the pix from the meet & greet this last August

These are pix of a job that i may have told you about, a Mining Trucks Bed that was going to a Gold Mine, there was 4 of them in total

one of these days, i am going to stop by this place, i pass by it once in a while on a few jobs

http://ricardoabreceda.com/gallery/#prettyPhoto
&
http://ricardoabreceda.com/

#59 ·
I was parked in back of the loads, with a couple more Pilot Vehicles & 5 California Highway Patrol vehicles
They check ALL the vehicles out completely, they also check out everyones paperwork & required gear, First Aid Kits, Red Flags, Orange Cones, Safety Vests, Stop/Slow Paddles, etc.
Then they have a detailed Safety Meeting before we close off the road & start rolling

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.