DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Having a tough time finding -12 offset wheels for my Mopar 4" lift

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Lawndart 
#1 ·
Ok, so I have a 2 week old truck in my garage. I ordered this thing with the idea of lifting it 4" right off the bat. Well, my dealer made me a pretty good offer and so the 4" Mopar/Superlift kit is sitting at the dealer ready to be installed. Also sitting at the dealer are my color matched Bushwacker Extend a Flares waiting to go on with the lift.

Herein lies my problem, I can't find a single set of wheels that I like in anything other than a minimum of a +10 offset! Southern OffRoad here in metro Atlanta tells me, as did Mopar tech support, the minimum offset I can have is -6 but -12 is preferred. What should I do? I really want these Double Pump wheels by Gear Alloy in a 20x9 but they only offer it in a +10 offset. And, I want the wheels to come out into, but not outside, the new flares as well.
Maybe there's something that I'm missing to the whole backspace thing. Neither the Discount Tire here in my town, nor my dealer can explain it to me. I completely understand the offset part, but is backspacing not the same, just in inches?

Wheels I am interested in...
Gear Allow - Double Pump
Ballistic Outlaw
Ballistic Jester
Incubus Paranormal

Also, I don't want any KMC XD wheels because every truck around here that's lifted, has them.

There has to be something to the backspacing of are there just not many wheels with a -12 offset in our 5 lug configuration??

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
RBP makes -12

Incubus wheels tend to be hit and miss from my experience. AT my last job we had sets tht were aweomse and we had a few sets that were peeling fresh out of the box.

Motometal is a good company to look into as well

#5 ·
The Superlift website says that their 4" lift clears a maximum backspace of 5.5 on 20's with 35x12.5's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.