DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Slaughtered A Mustang

3K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  dodgert 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
Reactions: jdvelchek
#2 ·
wow. you werent kidding about the mustang driver :LOL: he was terrible. maybe he is new to drag racing :4-dontknow: but good run!

#6 ·
It's a crew cab....slightly bigger

#7 ·
nice kill.. i myself have made a few mustang owners angry with the ole RAM :smileup:

#10 ·
Mustang 106 mph trap speed is not a six banger but that guy couldn't drive if his life depended on it or It would have been a different story.
106 trap speed should be good for a high 12 second pass. I love my Ram but my older 5.0 has been 13 flat with a 103 trap speed.
He was on street tires for sure with a 60 ft that bad. My old 99 Dakota had 60 ft's that slow when I had snows on and an open diff.

Either way nice pass with the Ram!

#16 ·
No doubt it was a 5.0 but I know with a half decent driver it should have run at least a 13 flat.....Dodgert I guarantee you if you raced five 5.0s you might beat one like I did but like others have said the new 5.0s are nasty in stock form.

Hell with comparable bolt ons that I have they are easily running low 11s and some have broken 10s N/A......With a supercharger and TC they are running in the 9s now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMM3CKRK0Xo

#19 ·
#21 ·
For the weight of our trucks the hemi does a decent job with a tune.
I've never had mine to the track but with the 4x4 I'm thinking maybe a mid to low 15 completely stock.
Anyone have any stock times for the 4 wheel drive's?
Maybe this summer I'll try it completely stock without a tune even though I bought it to pull my 74 Dart to the track.

#27 ·
Maybe, just maybe these 5.0 owners weren't racing? I had a guy in a Fart Canned Civic give a rev job and take off the other night, I just let him go. Guess that means he took a 5.0 also. My Mustang accelerates harder in 3rd than my Reg cab Ram does in 1st, and my truck runs pretty strong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.