DODGE RAM FORUM banner

v10 header fitment issue

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  shortbox81 
#1 ·
I have a question for the people who have had one of these v10's and installed headers on one. The right header seems to fit ok but the left header seems to have have taken block hugging a little to serious. I haven't bolted the header up yet, but just holding the header up to the block it seems like the collector is going to be hitting a casting tab on the block. The tab is at the rear of engine about and inch long and above the starter. I hope this just how they are or do I have a problem First go around with one of these motors. If you have any input or picture of the leftside header installed message me. I can give my number or email to send pictures to
thanks to all

#3 ·
I have headers on my V10, just installed a couple months ago, but my buddy did the installation, so I am not sure of the fitment. I know he didn't mention any problems. Are you confident these headers are for our truck V10 and not the viper version v10?

#4 ·
Yeah im pretty sure they are for the dodge truck, well lets just say I ordered them for 1996 to 2002 dodge 2500. I have never owned a dodge with a v10 so im a new to them. Once i get the bolts i will bolt them up and see what happens. It's not slammed into it but maybe just touching the flange. I just for see some annoying rattle or crazy noize that will scare me after just rebuilding this thing. I don't want any noises.

#6 ·
the header fit

My headers were the 130 dollar ebay specials. On ebay there were also jba and gibson headers but they were a bit out of my price range. I ended up trimming off the tab on the block, But I don't think i had to. I bolted them up with the gasket for the final install and with my trimming had a bunch clearance between the collector. I can't believe the gasket made that difference but oh well they worked so im excited. I was going to drop the motor in today just a little to cold. I probably couldn't of found a friend dumb enough to help me in the cold garage anyway. I inclueded a picture

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.