DODGE RAM FORUM banner

BDS Lift Setup Thread PICS

128K views 321 replies 81 participants last post by  ALWX65 
#1 ·
There are a few running around and not much info on the Z (Both 1500 and 2500)
Lets consolidate and provide info here for the members :smileup:

Please include:
Year/Model
Lift Size
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No
Tire Size
Wheel Size
Pros/Cons
Any other suspension add-ons

**idea taken from Ram725 with his RCX lift thread**

#261 ·
Is your website down? I've sent you an email as I'm looking to purchase some AMP Research Power Steps...

#263 ·
This is for all the 4" bds lifts. Can y'all get a measurement from the ground to the pinch weld under the cab area, roof height, and exhaust height. Im torn between the 4" and 6". I will be getting 35s for sure. Just torn on which lift height. I'm coming from a 12' 2500 so I want something at least as high or higher for when it floods. Thanks in advance!!

#269 · (Edited)
Dont do it, is all I gotta say....LOL

Unless you WANT a tremendous gap in the wheel well, I highly recommend against it.
This is potentially what it will look like visually.

This is my old truck on 6", Bils @ 2.1 and 3" body lift on 37's = 11" of lift (on paper)
If you minus the Bilsteins and swap 35's in there, you're gap will be almost the same.
If you have Bilsteins right now and did not mention it, I would not condone ...LOL

I ordered 38's but sold them as I removed the body lift and dropped the Bilsteins down to 1.4.
Ride vastly improved and appearance wise, looked A LOT better too!
You be the judge here...

The day I removed the body lift and dropped the Bilsteins to 1.4

#279 ·
This is such a helpful thread, thanks to everyone that participated.
I am about to switch from the HBS Level with RCX rear spacers to a BDS 6" Fox coilover system. I am still stuck between keeping my existing 35's or going to 37's.
('12 Ram 1500)

Anyone who has any tips or advice I am all ears.

#297 ·
I'm really digging those wheels. Can you confirm the width and offset?

I've looked all over and all I can find in those wheels "RBP Glock" is a -44 offset in the 12" wide and -76 offset on the 14" wide.

They look to be about a 12" wide with the way the tires on hugging the rim.

#284 ·
Completed my lift project the other day on my 2016 1500 Sport.

4" BDS lift with Bilsteins 5100 set a 0
Fox 2.0 rear shocks w/ 2" spacers
No body lift

Wheels are Raceline Assults 20x9 with a +18 offset with a 30mm hub adapter making the total offset -12
I had to use a hub adapter because the wheels came from my Grand Cherokee which has a different lug pattern. Plus I wanted a more aggress stance.

Tires are Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/65r20

Total lift came out to be 5+ inches. More than I expected for the front.
Front started out at 36.5" Rear 39.5" (stock wheels)
After was 41.8" all around (stock wheels)

I was hoping for at least an 1 inch of rake. I may go with 3" coils in the rear. Or just put some AirLift bags in the rear coils. Not sure what direction I want to go yet. Opinions welcome!

Had all the work done at BDM Customs in Tempe AZ. Highly recommend this place.

Feel free to leave comments questions...

#285 ·
wow that's a great looking truck!!!

what is the overall height now at the top of the sharkfin?....does it fit in the garage?

#286 ·
Thank you!

Didn't measure the height of the sharkfin. I can do that tomorrow. I was kinda curious as to what that was myself. I know that if my whip antenna clears, so will my sharkfin.

I believe my garage door is 8', so I have plenty of clearance there.

#287 ·
your lucky to have an 8ft door, mine is only 7ft

#291 ·
Nice Truck!!!:smileup:

#293 ·
No lift yet, considering getting one, probably the lift then the tires as pay checks come along. I think the stock rims look pretty decent with the right tires as a temporary fix.

#296 · (Edited)

All this is my truck, I have a 6'' BDS w/ 3" BL w/ Bilsteins up front set at 2.1. My question is, I want it just a little bit taller to get above 50" in the front and rear, in order achieve that the cheapest and probably only choice is coil/spring spacer in the rear and setting the bilsteins to 2.8. Anybody got their Bilsteins set to 2.8, how's the ride? and also would the coil spacers in the back worsen the ride? Is all of this smart to do?

#300 ·
Man that looks awesome! 20x10 -25 I guess? That looks like a pretty deep lip for a 20x10, perfect look!

#302 ·
17 2500 Limited Mega Cab, 6" BDS 4 Link Lift, Dual Fox Front Shocks & Stabilizers, Fuel Rampage 22x12's (Centers Painter Brilliant Black Crystal), Toyo Open Country M/T's 37x13.50's, AMP Research Steps, LED Tailights, Big RAM letters removed from tailgate, Emblems removed from doors.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.