DODGE RAM FORUM banner

I believe someone goofed at my dealership

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Hrolfr 
#1 ·
I just received a phone call, it sounds a bit strange
The V.I.P. new car sales receptionist just called me to say that the dealership has a couple 2015 Ram 1500 eco diesels in stock
I am suppose to ask for the salesman that i talked to a couple weeks ago

What i find strange is that from everything that i have read, Factory Ordering for the dealerships won't be allowed until August 8th & that they will not begin building them until October.
They should not be at the dealerships until somewhere around New Years

My Ram is at the dealership right now, getting serviced, so i will soon know if they meant 2014 Ram eco diesel
:4-dontknow:

#2 ·
Nope, dealers get special show offer orders first, then they allow people to start placing orders, then comes all the stock. At least that's how it works for Chevy. When the new Corvette came out, a lot of dealers started getting them that they could show to prospective buyers who were likely to order first. They're like marketing materials with actual vehicles. So they may in fact have 2015's already. Then those who order will get first dibs, before the standard inventory rolls in.

#3 ·
Given that the factory is still running out 2014s I doubt they would have built preproduction model 1500s to show off the 2015s already. More likely someone at the dealer mixed up the 2015 orders starting with a 2015 EcoDiesel already coming in, or they are just as dumb as most dealer receptionists seem to be.

#7 ·
More likely someone at the dealer mixed up the 2015 orders starting with a 2015 EcoDiesel already coming in, or they are just as dumb as most dealer receptionists seem to be.
How could you imply such a thing :158: Just kidding. The receptionist at my local dealership kept calling me to tell me that my 2010 Ram 1500 is due for it's next service and would I like to schedule an appointment. I very politely told her that I had traded in that vehicle 2 months prior and purchased a 2014 model from them in it's place. I reminded her that they owned the vehicle now. Then she called me two more times with the same message in the next two months :4-looney:

#4 ·
It turned out to be a misinformed receptionist
She believed that the 2014 ram 1500 eco diesels were 2015 models, because they had only just started getting them in enough numbers to have them in stock

the 2014 model EC was not built until February 2014, the first bunch that they received were all Customer SOLD orders

They do have some 2015 cars & Ram ProMasters in stock, so it was an easy enough misconception to make

All is good, i will be on vacation for the next 5 weeks & when i return, i will submit my order

They will make some 2015 Rams early enough to show them at the Dallas Texas State Fair in September
They will be special builds, made just for the Auto Show circuit & for the automobile magazines to test drive, those Rams will not ever get a VIN #, just a VON#. They can never be sold for use, other then display & test driving.
Likely they will end up in the CRUSHER at a scrap yard !!

#6 ·
It takes me most of 5 days to drive across the USA
San Diego to Waterbury Connecticut

I only get to see my whole family when i visit Connecticut once a year

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.