3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  GTyankee 
#1 · (Edited)
according to
http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-chrysler.aspx

the 2016 Ram ordering schedule
Ram 1500 Regular Cab ordering opened June 15, 2015
Ram 2500 ordering could be opened June 15, 2015
RAM 3500 ordering could be opened June 15, 2015

Ram 1500 all other models, opening July 20, 2015 :)
______________________________________________________________________________________
too bad they don't know for sure about all of the possible options on these dates

They do have these Production updates for the Ram 1500s

Initial production is scheduled to begin:

22" Forged Alum. Polished Wheels (WPZ) - 08/24/15

Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat (PXR) - 02/02/15

Customer Preferred Packages 2TE and 2TF - 02/02/15

Full Length Prem Upgraded Floor (CVT) - 06/15/15

See less See more
#7 ·
I have to admit that after seeing the new grilles I'm a little more nervous to see the 5th gens than I am excited. Still excited to see the next generation of Ram though, don't get me wrong.:smiley_thumbs_up:

22" wheels on a truck... C'mon!! :4-looney:
Don't the Denalis come with 22" wheels?

according to

______________________________________________________________________________________
too bad they don't know for sure about all of the possible options on these dates

So are you going to pull the trigger on a '16, or have you still not warmed up to the shift knob?

#6 ·
according to

what exactly would a "full length premium upgraded floor" entail?

#9 ·
I have put off ordering the 2015 models as you know

So my current plan, which is subject to change ......
after i return from my Connecticut vacation, (July 21 or 22nd through sometime in late August)

I will be ordering a 2016 Ram 1500 Eco-diesel, SLT or Bighorn, QC, 2x4, 3.21 differential If its available, 8.4AN radio, brake controller & Class 4 hitch reciever, 20" wheels, Sport bumpers, tow hooks, cloth & leather bucket seats w/ full floor console
Hopefully they will have brought back either Sunburst Orange Pearl or Copperhead Pearl paint, or i will consider having it repainted
I will have the bed sprayed by Line-X after it is delivered to the dealership
I will be checking on having it sent to Argus, they do what is called Upfitting, i want some clean looking electrical connectors in the bed, that are controlled by switches in the cab.
My '09 modified N-Fab steps will go onto the new Ram
Hopefully my radiator protector will be interchangeable too

I may order a CD player & get some kind of radio function Unlocker from NavTV or Coastal, for watching movies & having more then just the tailgate camera.

My '09 Ram will get sold outright, after i get the new Ram setup & driven a bit
I will also be selling my 30 gallon auxiliary gas tank, i won't need it with the eco-diesel

I may end up using my '09 front bumper on the new Ram, because the Fog Lights are set horizontally into the bumper, it casts a wider beam of light then the vertically mounted ones do, i hope they are interchangeable :4-dontknow:

#10 ·
It is to bad you haven't thought this out very well :LOL: Kidding of course will be nice to see what way it goes for you!! Glad to hear you are staying with Ram as a couple of years ago you weren't totally decided if you would be in a new Ram were you?

#11 · (Edited)
Well, the rotary shifter knob is a turn off for me, but i will get used to it or get it modified some how
I will be mounting a hand rest of some sort onto the floor console, i rest my right elbow & forearm on the upper part of console on the log trips that i take, so i need some place to rest my hand close to where the CB microphone sits, i use the CB almost as much as i use the mirrors while on a job.

I would also like to see Ram go with the paddle shifter steering wheel controls, i do manually shift quite often while on a job & with the paddles it would be so much easier, especially on night runs :)

#12 ·
According to arifleet site Rams will be available in ignition Orange sometime in the near future.

#13 ·
this is burnt orange, sunburst orange, & close to copperhead orange
this is the color that i now have & i can be spotted easily, other colors don't stick out as well. like the grey Ram could be hard to spot in traffic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.