DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Connecticut trip 2015 Meet & Greet

4K views 79 replies 7 participants last post by  JimsRamTruck2012 
#1 ·
Every year since 2004 i have driven from San Diego to Connecticut & back

I drive back to be at my Family Reunion held the first Sunday of August every year
I usually stay in Sandy Hook on Lake Zoar at my sisters home

For the last 4 years some Ram owners get together for a Meet & Greet, nothing special is planned, usually we just decide on a location & meet up, compare notes & grab something to eat around noonish
That gives everyone time to return home & spend the evening with friends & or family

This year i will be available for a M&G on August 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th
We have been getting together at the Tilted Kilt in Wethersfield, Ct
If anyone thinks of a better location, that is fine with me :)

If anyone thinking about meeting up, i would like for someone back there to suggest a location & a date for it to held
========================================

I will be leaving San Diego on July 22nd
My planned overnight stops have been El Paso, Tx , Texarkana, AR, then i get on Interstate 40 the I-81 & stop where ever i get tired due to weather, road construcion & time of night, ( it is hard to get a motel after 10 PM )

On my return trip, i may be stopping in Dayton, Ohio to visit old friends & then cutting down to Texas

See less See more
#44 ·
#48 ·
Fairfield would cut some driving time down about 30 to 45 minutes for you Jim
It would also cut driving time for Huntergreen & it would even cut mine down a bit too

even a seafood shack would work for me
there are or were several around Stamford to Fairfield

i miss the heck out of fresh seafood, out in San Diego, they have something that they call seafood, chews & tastes like some kind of chewable rubber
called tilapia

#50 ·
There may be one or two down by Harbor Island
I stay away from downtown San Diego, unless i have a job down there & i get out of there ASAP

#52 ·
Geez, i near came close to needing diapers last night around 4am

My Sisters place is on a lake, mostly trees all around
The room that i like to sleep in has a large skylight & almost 3/4 of the west facing wall is window, it goes all of the way to the peak of the house

We had a wild thunder & lightning storm, the worst part lasted over 30 minutes
I am not familiar enough to walk around in the house at night without at least a night light being left on, the floor has many different levels, steps going from any room to another on the main floor
Last night the house & the ground felt like it was shaking & the house & property was lit up almost constantly.
I just about ran to the kitchen to unplug this laptop, only stopping to drain my kidneys

#60 ·
My Sisters are beginning to set dates for parties while i am here

my Saturday & Sunday afternoons are still open
most of the get togethers are going to be in the evenings

Tomorrow i am going to a pizza party in the evening
I have one afternoon & evening that i have not set a date on yet, i have an 80+ year old Uncle that is in home hospice care & my Brother & i want to go see him before he passes, he just has not been himself for 2 years since my Aunt passed
==============================================

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.