DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rear Power Sliding Window broke

32K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  hwy97 
#1 ·
Lower bracket where to cables attack in which the window sits in broke of on one side. Then it kinked the cable assembly. Ordered new bracket and cable assembly but 1.) can't figure out how to remove old bracket from the guide and install the new one. 2.) Can't figure out how to remove the cable guides that also fit in the guide of the window frame. 3.) Can't figure out how to remove sliding window from frame.
Has anyone had a broken this same thing, what was your fix?

#3 ·
Thank you, i appreciate you looking, i don't mind paying for parts, but it kills me to pay for labor because hourly rates are so ridiculous when i know i could do almost anything myself. This one has me stumped though. I can't imagine having to pull the whole entire rear window for this. And if you do, then i am dissappointed in Dodge for the first time.

#4 ·
may i suggest that you drive over to a automotive glass shop & consult them, about the how to

you may even find that they don't charge crazy labor costs if you decide to have them do it

#9 ·
may i suggest that you drive over to a automotive glass shop & consult them, about the how to

you may even find that they don't charge crazy labor costs if you decide to have them do it
When i ordered the parts from the dealership, i talked to service and that is exactly what the dealerships do, is out source to a glass shop. They gave me a number of the place they use. Going to check that route first, then is it leaks after install, i can have them fix it, if the price is right.

#8 ·
Have no idea where you possibly came up with this, but i would love to have that manual for my truck. Thank you very much for your help.

I can't believe that it comes out as an entire assembly to replace. Dodge set us up pretty good with this one.

#10 ·
The followup: Took to a glass company (Allstar glass). I first removed all interferances. Cost me a $100 bucks in labor for a 30 minute job, but worth it. They pryed the channel apart and pulled out the slider bracket and cable bracket and replaced. $180 bucks in parts which i supplied to them. Total of $280 spent compared to $1,200 for a new rear glass assembly, ouch

#12 ·
So they replaced the sliding rear window without removing the entire rear window assembly from truck frame ? How did they fit the glass in there, did the frame expand on top or bottom a bit to allow the center glass to slide into the channel ? Or did they puish the glass UP to top first, then let it slide DOWN into the channel ?
Where did you order the center sliding glass part from ?

#16 ·
Ok I replaced the slider. By pushing and lifting cable holders towards the C pillar. then sliding the slider toward one of the C pillars lifting slider out of the track on side closest to C pillar then sliding towards other C pillar then lifting slider completely out. Installed in reverse order.
No prying needed as stated in earlier post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.