DODGE RAM FORUM banner

SuperCharged Hemi RAM thanks to Magna Charger

63K views 240 replies 43 participants last post by  skwurlz 
#1 · (Edited)
well i just order my Magna Charger from Shop Hemi.com i should be here this weekend. to bad i have to work, F*ckin Submarine. No procharger here. they finally released it and i found it by accedent. when i have time i will post some before and after runs and install vid.
I know it say 09- 10, the magna charger website catolog has this part number for 06-11

Fits:
  • Dodge Ram 5.7L HEMI Trucks 2009 - 2010
  • May fit other years, provided that they have the same beltline as the Dodge Challenger- Official fitment is pending.
Features:
  • 2300 Hybrid-roots supercharger
  • Installs in less than 1 day
  • 100% complete bolt-on system
  • No hood modifications are required
  • More power in a smaller package
  • 180° rotation of supercharger provides straight airflow path for maximum power and efficiency
  • Internal Bypass Valve:Valve *******ly eliminates parasitic loss(uses less than 1/3 of a horse power at 60 mph)
  • Delivers a proven 30 to 66% increase in real world "under the curve" power
  • High thermal efficiency (up to 76%)
  • 2.4 pressure ratio capability
  • Twin four-lobe rotors featuring 160-degree twists
  • High helix angle rotors
  • Redesigned inlet and outlet ports
  • Improved air-handling characteristics
  • Acoustically designed for noise and vibration reductions
Included Components:
  • 6th Generation TVS MP2300 Supercharger with integral bypass valve
  • Patented cast aluminum high-velocity port intake manifold with integral water-to-air intercooler
  • Intercooler core
  • Coolant circulation pump
  • Heat exchanger
  • Extruded aluminum fuel rails
  • 8 high capacity fuel injectors
  • Front and rear fuel rail crossovers to ensure adequate fuel delivery under all circumstances
  • Predator Tuner
  • Factory "push-lock" connectors
  • Fittings, lines, belts, and hardware
  • Plug and play throttle body wiring extension
Maintenance:

Standard 3-year limited warranty
Optional 3-yr./36,000 powertrain warranty
Nose oil change every 80,000 miles

I yanked this from Shophemi can also be found on magna chager website
Dodge Ram HEMI Magna Charger by Magnuson
Here is the supercharger kit Dodge Ram 5.7L owners have been waiting for, the Magna Charger 2300 supercharger. It is confirmed to fit the 2009 and 2010 trucks. Most HEMI trucks will see 120+ rear wheel horsepower at 6 PSI. Whether you’re towing that boat up a grade, or loading down the bed with your daily work needs, your ride will thank you, and you will absolutely love the performance gain from this kit. Intercooled systems are complete with all the components necessary for installation. Included in the kit is a new patented cast aluminum intake manifold, intercooler core, coolant circulation pump, heat exchanger, and all the necessary hardware to complete the entire installation. This system does not require any hood modifi cation.
Powerful Technology:

Magna Charger’s new MP2300 HEMI supercharger is the same technology used in the new 638 horsepower, Corvette ZR1.

Technically speaking, Magna Charger's new 6th generation hybrid-roots style supercharger design offers many performance benefits over other existing blower designs. It offers an advanced four-lobe, twin 160º high-helix design which produces cooler operating temperatures, increases air flow, has a wider operating range, higher pressure capability, and quieter operation.

With this technologically advanced system, your HEMI will achieve extreme power levels, while maintaining the street-ability of your ride. Magna Charger supercharger systems deliver power at the most frequently used areas of the torque curve, meaning that you will feel the power to the wheels on your daily driver as well as at the track.

All of these benefits are achieved, while using less engine power by reducing parasitic engine drag during cruise situations. These cruising losses, common during normal driving, are further reduced by Magna Charger's unique integral bypass valve design.

The Complete Kit:
The package contains Magna Charger's all new patented cast aluminum high velocity intake manifold, MP2300 TVS supercharger, intercooler core, coolant circulation pump, and heat exchanger. Of course, all of the fittings, lines, belts, and hardware are included.

Additionally, this supercharger kit comes with all the needed tuning and fuel system upgrades your HEMI will require to handle the boost this blower delivers. New high capacity fuel injectors, upgraded extruded aluminum fuel rails, factory "push-lock" connectors, and a Predator Tuner all come with the kit. The included Predator Tuner module ensures proper calibration of the air/fuel and ignition timing settings to optimize and manage increased torque, horsepower, and MPG of your supercharged HEMI system.

As you can see, this is truly a complete kit with all the components needed for a neat and professional looking installation. You will not need to purchase any additional components to perform your forced induction HEMI transformation. Additionally, it is completely bolt-on. No welding, cutting, hood, or body modifications are required.

Quiet Operation:
Magnuson's ingenious integral bypass valve design is actuated by a vacuum canister near the throttle body; thereby preventing the supercharger from producing boost by re-circulating the induction air back to the supercharger inlet. Since your HEMI engine only sees boost a small amount of your total driving time, the bypass ensures you get better fuel economy and a quieter ride, while your engine is under vacuum. This is achieved without sacrificing any performance gains.

Specially designed inlet and outlet port geometry, in conjunction with the helix angled rotors, reduce pressure variations resulting in smoother discharge flow and a lower level of noise during operation. Furthermore, Magnuson's engineer's have designed the ducting and mounting points with acoustics in mind. You'll hear the deep sound of your 6.1L HEMI engine without supercharger noise.

Kroma Kote™ Maintenance Free Finish:
Magna Charger's Kroma Kote™ finish provides the impressive looks of a highly polished supercharger without the need for maintenance (polished Kroma Kote™ is available for an additional charge). This process eliminates the nightmare of hand polishing the intricate waffle pattern of strengthening ribs that reinforce the MP2300.

Unlike polished aluminum, the Kroma Kote™ will never oxidize and it requires no maintenance to keep it looking new for years to come. Every time you pop your hood, it will reveal a gleaming MP2300 Supercharger crowning your powerful HEMI engine. Its finish will be just as reflective as the day it was installed. The only care that’s required is mild soap and water - no harsh chemical cleaners are needed.

Kroma Kote™ originates from an aerospace technologically advanced process based on physical vapor deposition. First, the MP2300 is placed in a highly evacuated chamber and coated with two coats of a special powder primer that provides an extremely smooth surface. Then, nickel or another binding metal is applied to provide adhesion for the final metal coat that is pure aluminum.

Using a high-pressure inert gas stream, these metals are vaporized to form the metal coatings on the supercharger. The aluminum vapor is electrically attracted to the supercharger forming a precise metal layer. This extremely smooth aluminum surface provides the piece with its shine and luster. Last, the supercharger components are finish powder coated with a durable acrylic clear coat. The resulting finish is smooth, bright, and ultra durable. Kroma Kote™ is available in the standard black powder coat and polished aluminum for an additional charge.

Fuel Economy:
A typical HEMI vehicle equipped with a Magnuson supercharger shows no fuel economy penalty for highway driving and only a one mile per gallon decrease for city driving. The problem is, most owners cannot resist the fun of experiencing the power of their newly supercharged HEMI engines.

Quality and Reliability:
Magna Charger has been manufacturing top quality superchargers for over 40 years. Numerous 500 hour durability tests established have been conducted on Magnuson superchargers, proving their products have industry leading durability and quality. Additionally, numerous vehicles have successfully completed 100,000 mile vehicle durability tests.

Magnuson Supercharger vs. a Turbocharger:
The low RPM power that a supercharger yields is more useful the than high end power that a turbo provides, especially for large displacement HEMI engines. At lower engine RPMs a Magnuson Supercharger will provide a much greater average in under the curve horsepower and torque over a turbocharged system.

This is largely because a supercharger is connected by an engine belt, instead of driven by exhaust gases like a turbo. Superchargers pump extra air into the engine in direct relationship to crankshaft speed. Power is delivered instantly and, unlike a turbo no lag occurs, boost is instantaneous.

In addition to having the advantage of no turbo lag, each Magnuson supercharger also features a self-contained lubrication system. This simplifies the installation and does not add excess heat to the engine oil or require any additional maintenance. No oil to change. No dip sticks to check.

Warranty:
The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (US Code-Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312) states that the manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to failure in the vehicle. We recommend working with performance oriented dealerships and shops, such as Arrington Engines. For additional peace of mind, Magnuson Products offers a limited extended 3-year/ 36,000-mile warranty for $200 that helps with potential problems with the dealership.

See less See more
#2 ·
That will be one wicked upgrade! You will definitely need to buy some new tires when you get that installed hahaha

#6 · (Edited)
they have one for 2011 check manga chargers online catalog.
Yeah tires will be a most

yea and shipping starts at 150-700

#11 ·
that thing is gonna be a beast when its installed

#13 ·
Waiting for up dates -

Very excited to see progress please post every thing daily.

#19 ·
just got my supercharger.
Gonna try to start the install this weekend maybe.

#20 ·
yeah can't wait to put it on myself if only i could call in sick

#22 ·
Respectfully request to take two days of baby leave. Spoken Truck leave.

Not sure but i think it would get denied

#25 ·
Looking at those pics makes me feel like a kid in a candy store on Xmas morning!!!!!

Just what I DON'T need but ALWAYS wanted!!!!!!!! (Evil laugh inserted here!!! LOL!!!)

Question,,, Does the Predator come pre-loaded with a tune for your specific application or do you just receive a Predator with the kit to 'have the ability' to have your truck custom tuned on a dyno by someone else?

#26 ·
Question,,, Does the Predator come pre-loaded with a tune for your specific application or do you just receive a Predator with the kit to 'have the ability' to have your truck custom tuned on a dyno by someone else?
Good catch, I bet he bought it with the S/C...I def wouldn't get into boost until I had that baby dyno tuned for sure.

#27 ·
On a second note awesome looking S/C man, I would invest in a good wideband, maybe a DS mafia. Does it come with an intercooler reso tank? damn, just be careful before it's tuned or you could hurt that motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.