DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Over Head Console/Map Light Wiring Harness help

933 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  roadrohrer 
#1 ·
So my 2 overhead console lights havent worked in forever because the contacts were corroded inside the switches and the switches broke apart. I have searched the whole web looking for a replacement wiring harness and i can not find any that fit, I bought one that was suppose to fit but it is not long enough to reach from light to light nor does it have the proper bulb connectors. It would work if it was long enough because I'd simply buy a newer style bulb. But i cant find any that are like mine.

my truck is an 02 1500 SLT

I would splice the new switches with the old wire but they have 1 more wire and it got me confused.

this is what i bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-02-DODGE...Parts_Accessories&hash=item51bb4f0748&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the help. If you could guide me through how to splice them properly I would be up to trying that.

#3 ·
I ended up buy a new overhead console housing with new lights. The trip computer transferred from the other. Then I just plugged wiring harness into the new housing. Not sure this answers your question. One note, the overheads have been redesigned and not did not install as easily as it should have. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.