DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Thoughts on paint problem

484 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dingo 
#1 ·
A little over a year ago, my wife ran my Ram into a dumpster, gouging the rear portion of the cab and hitting the bed. The body shop at a reputable Dodge dealer repaired it. They got the body work spot on but I had to return it 3 times before they could get the paint to match. Well this past weekend, I loaned the truck to a friends kid so he could take it hunting. He just brought the truck back and I noticed on both sides of the cab, between the bed and the cab, it looks as though they made contact. The odd thing is, the bed it tight, I checked. Thought maybe the body shop didn't tighten the bed bolts all the way. Well I also noticed the paint has cracked on both side of the cab. The repainted side is considerably worse but there is cracked paint on the passenger side too.

Driver side:

Passenger side:

Should the paint have done that on the driver side? It seems as though I can pull on that chip and peel the paint off the metal. Its doing the same on the non repaired side as well. Is this something the bodyshop needs to fix? Seems as though they didnt prep it like they should have. Any other possible explanations as to what could have happened? I would think the frame would have had to taco to cause the dents but I know that couldn't have happened.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.