DODGE RAM FORUM banner

your opinion of wannabe's

4K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  GTyankee 
#1 ·
So this morning I was driving in to work and I see a Dodge Ram pulling out onto the road. I slowed down but he would not pas me because he had a white Ram with the Daytona wing on it and the Daytona decals in it.
Now obvisouly this was not a REAL Daytona Ram, mine is, and they only came in the silver or go mango.

I don't have a problem with his wing but I HATE to see those Daytona decals on it because it is not a Daytona. I also seen a yellow quad cab with the Rumble Bee decals on it in Georgia once and that to me is wrong.

So, how do you feel about it?

#4 ·
I once saw a Camaro with Z71 badges. Does that count? There's also a lifted F-150 in my area that has F-350 badges on it. Come on now, the bodies are completely different! I think I'm going to head to AutoZone and get me some Type-R badges for my Hemi. What do you think?

#5 ·
copying a design is a form of flattery

now those 5 inch letters across the top of the windshield, that read dodge, chevy, & ford, just irritate the heck out of me, you look out the window of almost any auto parts store & you always see at least one with those stickers
next time watch as the counter guy asks the year, make, model, engine & trans the vehicle has & you always see the customer look out the window to read the words on the windshield, because he can't remember what they drive

:LOL:

#6 ·
Down with the wannabe's, I think it just draws more attention to yourself that you were too cheap to buy the real thing or didnt have the bank roll to afford it. But then again I also think if you have a ton of mods on a vehicle and still are in debt for it, your a fool. So im just harsh.

#9 ·
Stupid ricer! Useless wings are for penguins!

bahaha my old neighbor had like six of these and he gave on to his grandson an he riced it out he had a white carbon fiber ricer pipe police lights under the car some 14 inch gold ricer rims the car had a huge dent on the side he ixed it with ducttape and bondo hahaha then he had the windows tinted green?!? and had like 5 12 inch subs in it with strobe lights and racing seats hahaha all i could do is laugh it sounded like a weedwacker and he got it impounded for street racing in a kmart parking lot and they crushed it
bahahahahaha the funniest thing ive seen:LOL:

#8 ·
Having been one myself, don't see a real issue . . . to a certain extent.

I often see copies that look much better than what the factory COULD have done, and actually show exactly what they SHOULD have done.

Although . . . for that one example of what SHOULD have been done, there are about 10 other copies that should be burned to the frame for their lame a$$ attempt.

#11 ·
While I'm all for individuality and uniqueness, when I got some badges from someone who had debadged their truck for a project I was working on, they had all of them, HEMI, SLT, 4X4 etc. However, I only got the ones that said "Ram 1500" because, to me, putting anything else on my truck was false advertising, so, just my cheap .02, I'm not one to make myself, or my truck, out to be something it's not. To me, it de-values the trucks out there that really ARE "special editions."

- Cajun

#15 ·
Yeah, and I guess the only thing worse than doing it is being caught at it :LOL:

- Cajun

#17 ·
If you want to clone a vehicle, then I guess that's fine. Just don't try to pass it off as one when you sell it. Of course, if you put 5.0 badges on your 6 cylinder Mustang, like many folks did back in the 80's and 90's, you will look stupid.

I personally think it's cool when people build cars that weren't built but could have been. For example, there is a guy locally that build a Superbird out of a Satellite convertible. I've also seen Superbee wagons.

#18 ·
I really need to keep my camera handy while i'm out in my garage

i'm a bit over a block off of Main Street & all the stupid looking vehicles go down my street, like 2 wheel drive trucks that are raised 6 inches in the front & stock height in the rear
El Caminos raised way above the extra tall tires, cars that have full body kits & big wings that can't even do above 70 MPH, lowered corollas that have the seats lowered too & you can only see the very top of the drivers head

#22 ·
I personally think that if you say put Daytona badges on a QC and do all the other mods to make the truck comparable, I say its OK. Now if you put SRT10 badges on a 6 banger, that is wrong. Isn't that what we all do anyway? Make the trucks and cars that they can't or won't build. With better parts, and less initial investment. If you later try to pass it off as an original, you are an a$$##le

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.