DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2006-2008 tail light clips..

15K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Steve Fatseas 
#1 ·
Guys and Gals,

So, my trucks tail lights would not stay put because of the broken clips. I went to the dealer to order some and they told me that the only way to get them is to buy a complete tail light, and they cannot sell the clips seperately.

I went online and found a site where you can order the clips, for basically next to nothing.

I ordered a pack of them, which included 25 clips for $13 shipped and they arrived 4 days later.

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=A21213

I tried to search the forum to see if this was listed already but could not find anything and figured that it may help someone else in need of these pesky little clips.

Hope this helps someone out, I know the rattling of the tail light evertime I shut my door was getting pretty annoying.

#5 ·
YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need all 4 of mine! 3 are gone and only one is left and its broken... i already went all over my town looking for these things and they all told me to go to the dealership...

#8 ·
This is a great find. I came across it a couple of years back and bought a box so I'd have replacements when I did my LED taillight swap. :smileup:

#10 · (Edited)
Tailight retaining clips

I broke two of mine tonight while replacing a bulb on my 2008 Ram. I did not find them at the local O'Reilly's but found some beefier nylon retaining clips which looked like they would pop into the holes. I took a 19/64 drill bit and gently enlarged the holes in the nylon clip and the light clipped in very tightly. I'm using these on the other side as I feel they provide a better connection than the originals and they won't break while removing the light and only 2.49 for a pack of 8 or 10.

#14 ·
For posterity's sake I figured I should add that if you wrap the post with electrical tape it'll go back in the clip and won't budge. That's what I did because I somehow never saw this thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.