DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram Lift/Tire Setup Thread

752K views 789 replies 224 participants last post by  Stoneco 
#1 ·
Ok so here are the rules:

This is the place to post a pic of your truck with a lift or other than stock tires and wheels.

1) Two pictures per setup

2) Please list lift height/brand, wheel size/backspacing/brand, tire size/brand, any rubbing yes or no.

3) Pictures should be of your rig preferably from the side and on a level surface.

This will help people in choosing where they want their Ram's to be, and to avoid future "what will my truck look like with XX" of lift and XX" tires threads.

Leave questions and Comments for the talk section. If you need to comment or ask questions please PM, or reference the post number in this thread, in a separate thread.

Lets get this thread going and hopefully we can get the mods to sticky it for us!

#407 ·
2.5" Hell Bent Steel leveling kit
0.75" Top Gun Customz rear coil spacers
20x9 -12 offset (4.5" backspacking) Fuel Hostage wheels
35x12.5 Toyo Open Country MT's

Slight amount of rubbing near full lock on the back of the inner fender. Easily fixed with a small amount of trimming.

Front tires stick out 2 1/8".
Back tires stick out 1 5/8"

Here's the link to my thread on the install with a review and tons more pictures if you're interested:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141365

#504 ·
2.5" Hell Bent Steel leveling kit
0.75" Top Gun Customz rear coil spacers
20x9 -12 offset (4.5" backspacking) Fuel Hostage wheels
35x12.5 Toyo Open Country MT's

Slight amount of rubbing near full lock on the back of the inner fender. Easily fixed with a small amount of trimming.

Front tires stick out 2 1/8".
Back tires stick out 1 5/8"

Here's the link to my thread on the install with a review and tons more pictures if you're interested:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141365
Im looking into doing the same thing to my ram 1500 and was wondering if by using a wheel with 24 offset would that stop the rubbing.

#409 ·
Brandon, your Ram is looking sick.

285/70/17 GY Wrangler Territory (Canadian Exclusive Tire)
2.5" HBS Level
Stock 17's rattle can black

Very impressed with how well the tires are offroad but regret not getting a 35" tire.

#412 · (Edited)

Hey I'm new here but I have lurking and this site is great so much info

My 2012
6 inch bds
3 inch rear
No coil spacer in front just strut
Front fender 43 rear 44
Bfg at 325/60/r20
4.5 bkspc -12 offset

Back to debating on going higher as I have the 5 inch rear that was swapped out after install for being way to ass high. So I could throw that in and get some bilsteins. I am stuck 355 gearing so 35 is the max for tires which sucks. So what's better get bilsteins or other route body lift.i could just leave it the way it is what do you guys think looks good now to.

Cheers

alright first photo is how she sits now with the 3
second is with the 5 but sled in the back compresses the springs almost 1.5 so it is similar to what it is now maybe a tiny bit higher
3rd pic is the 5 inch rear stink bug

Attachments

#413 ·

Hey I'm new here but I have lurking and this site is great so much info

My 2012
6 inch bds
3 inch rear
No coil spacer in front just strut
Front fender 43 rear 44
Bfg at 325/60/r20
4.5 bkspc -12 offset

Back to debating on going higher as I have the 5 inch rear that was swapped out after install for being way to ass high. So I could throw that in and get some bilsteins. I am stuck 355 gearing so 35 is the max for tires which sucks. So what's better get bilsteins or other route body lift.i could just leave it the way it is what do you guys think looks good now to.

Cheers
Welcome to the Z :smileup:

If you able the 5" rear, I'd throw that back in and do some Bilsteins at 2.1
You'll still,have some slight rake, but still look good with those 35's
BDS and 2.1 Bilsteins is very similar to RCX and 1.4 setting and I ran this way up till this weekend

If you need Bilsteins or body lift, send me an email to my username (fastNugly@discountautoperformance.com)

Welcome once again

Also, lets see pics :smiley_thumbs_up:

#414 ·
Thanks fastnugly

I will have to get some more current pics with my real camera friggin iphones suck.

what is the advantage to bilsteins over the body lift? I thought the body lift might be the way to go to keep the stock angles.

I would like to keep at least1 of rake for when I am hauling the sled around.

Or tell me i am crazy and just to leave it and save me some money haha!

#416 ·
Sweet! Cant wait to see these pics :smileup:
We you can do either a body lift or Bilsteins.
Body lift will just lift your current stance now.
Many here, such as Chadster run Bilsteins (Pro Comp in his case) and body lift.
Yes, body lift will keep your same angles now, which is not a bad idea if that is what you are worried about.
But BDS gives you a pretty damn good from diff drop so even if you add Bilsteins at 2.1, your angles will be pretty close to stock angles
I say do the shocks as your truck will ride better.
Im not a personal fan of a body lift. Had it on my truck...the creaks and squeaks got to me. Im anal, so I notice everything. My wife didnt notice a thing.
Either way, I removed it.
But again, many people and members here love the body lift.
So its really your call
Either way, I will try to steer you in the right direction and get you what you need.

#417 ·
Hey ya those pics are out in the bc backcountry near Golden. Those pics were just after getting it installed and it was a great test as it was 60 km of deep muddy ruts and rough road. Worth it though as the backcountry is endless up there.

I think I am with ya fast on the bilsteins if they improve the ride and anything creaking would annoy me as well. Since I have the both rear kits I like the idea of being able to go back down again as well.

So the bilsteins will use the current coils I have now correct? Pm me the cost to get the bilsteins for the front fast

Thanks

#423 · (Edited)
2012 Ram

Great looking trucks...
what I have for now...
2" leveling kit ( non existent thanks to the Iron Cross bumper and winch)
35x12.5s on 18" Ballistic Jester (-18mm offset 4.5 Back i believe )

hope to have a 6" lift and 5100s right after the 4th of July maybe some 37s if i can find a buyer for the 35s.

Edit: add Pictures
stock...

Fun Times...
Good Views...

#505 ·
Great looking trucks...
what I have for now...
2" leveling kit ( non existent thanks to the Iron Cross bumper and winch)
35x12.5s on 18" Ballistic Jester (-18mm offset 4.5 Back i believe )

hope to have a 6" lift and 5100s right after the 4th of July maybe some 37s if i can find a buyer for the 35s.

Edit: add Pictures
stock...

Fun Times...
Good Views...
With the 35's do you have any rubbing, if so where does it rub?

#427 ·
haha... have to take it to the shop for some "hail dents". no really. hit a hail storm headed to denver at the beginning of the month..... she didn't do anything to it. thank you for the comments..... cant wait to get the lift on her.

#429 ·
lmfao... i do not yet. looking at the RCX 6" ( money is tight ).... I know you can "stack" 5100s and lift kits for additional lift, does it work the same with leveling kits. I want to run 37s eventually 38s if i can ever scrounge up the cash for gears. The Bumper is heavy... I was within 1/2" of level before now im down 1-1.5 inches. not a big fan of BLs so ill save that for last. ... Im always down for suggestions. oh and i got my wheels and tires from SDWheel, noticed you mentioned them

#430 ·
Haha....
Bilsteins and lift kits go together.
But leveling kits and suspension lift kits don't. UNLESS its a Pre load level kit. Then it can work with the suspension lift.
Either way, I'd recommend Bilsteins and the lift.

Yea. I know the guys there at SDWheels fairly well
Good guys :smileup:

Let me know when ever you're ready for a lift and we can build this together

#432 ·
oh my dealership I bought the truck from gave me an install price.... i shit my pants. $240.00 install $110.00 alignment... ( yes the zeros are in the correct place) I dont know if they are trying to screw me over or they really love doing lifts.

#434 ·
shoot me a build price... 6" RCX and 5100s. maybe a tuner.

tuner question which you can send in a pm as well. dont want to spam the picture post. Which is better. and whats the risk of risking my warranty, how do I get around it.?

#435 ·
Installed the RBP Rx3 step bars I absolutely love the way they look but they sit about 4" lower than bottom of the truck so I had to get a lift LOL . Its in the shop right now getting a 6" BDS suspension lift with upgraded 2.0 Fox Shox along with bush wacker pocket flares painted to match and RBP mud flaps. But as an option on the kit they have the dual steering stabilizers so I got them to order them not thinking about our trucks being IFS and not to familiar with IFS and stabilizers can someone help me...:4-dontknow::4-dontknow::4-dontknow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.