DODGE RAM FORUM banner

hoping i didnt buy a fake daytona

12K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  The Ram Man 01 
#1 ·
i just bought my first 05 ram daytona last saturday it looks pretty much like a ram daytona even has the badge below the radio in that general area says DAYTONA then has a serial number or production number not sure which but the problem i have is when i got home and started pulling up pics of ram daytona almost all of them have the wing coming off the rear mine does not is there any way to see if the holes got covered up maybe there was a repaint in its history i got the vin here it is 1D7HA1606J616051 thats how it reads on the bill of sale ill take possesion of it tomarrow after work from the car dealer here in town please if anybody could let me know about this truck if it real or fake iam praying and hoping i didnt get dupped on this its a super nice truck thanks again :sad::sad::4-dontknow::Hey:

#2 ·
Did you try to google the vin or daytona production number?

#5 ·
Did you try to google the vin or daytona production number?[/QUOTE ive tried looking up some vin tag decoder info found not much i may be typing it in wrong going to head back out there tonight and check it out how is the wing mounted is it have studs that run through the bed rails if so there would be signs of something like that everything from a visual looks totoaly right on the money inside and out just that wing is whats has me kinda worried lol

#3 · (Edited)
this is a very good walk around video
it does not say it is all stock or has a couple mods

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uhwg87busk

from another website

There were just over 10,000 Dodge Ram Daytona made. They were available in Bright Silver Metallic and Go ManGo Orange in both Single and Quad Cab with 4x2 and 4x4 versions.
Proof that more than 10,000 were produced is I own #10731, which was born on July 28, 2005. This appears to be the last days of the 2005 production line and may in-fact be one of the last if not the last Daytona produced.

another site reads

Go ManGo!
2wd Reg Cab - 954
2wd Quad Cab - 1,061
4x4 Reg Cab - 1,260
4x4 Quad Cab - 1,768

Total Go ManGo! Daytona's - 5,043

Metallic Silver
2wd Reg Cab - 660
2wd Quad Cab - 1,110
4x4 Reg Cab - 627
4x4 Quad Cab - 1,258

Total Metallic Silver Daytona's - 3,655

Total Numbers of Daytona's - 8,698

i believe that they made them in 2005 & 2006
the 2005 production year back then was July 1, 2004 to June 30, 2005
the 2006 production year was July 1, 2005 to June 30, 2006

#4 ·
What color is the truck you are buying? If it is the Gomango than it almost has to be real since a full respray would cost a lot to have done.
If it silver its not hard to add decals. if it has the dash number and has the Daytona door panels then there is a good chance it is real, also check to see if it has the factory Borla exhaust still on it or if that has been changed.

Pictures of the interior and exterior would help a lot.

#6 ·
What color is the truck you are buying? If it is the Gomango than it almost has to be real since a full respray would cost a lot to have done.
If it silver its not hard to add decals. if it has the dash number and has the Daytona door panels then there is a good chance it is real, also check to see if it has the factory Borla exhaust still on it or if that has been changed.

Pictures of the interior and exterior would help a lot.
Its the go mango and the inside has all the daytona door trim and the daytona badge with the production number let me see if i cant post some pics later got to go back and download them from my phone i even saw where they had placed body plugs from where the wing was mounted to and yes i crawled under the truck and looked and saw the borla system is still in place and in very good shape :smileup::smileup::smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.