DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Any real production # on 05 GoMango Daytona's

10K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  PLMCRZY 
#1 ·
Ive seen # all over the place some say 5000, 9000, ????? Anybody know.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I know with the Rumblebee's there were 9000+ beetween the two swarms. I'm not too sure with the Daytona's. Originally there were only supposed to bee 3700 Bees produced. With the demand for more, Chrysler supplied a 2005 batch of Bees they called the Second Swarm. The exact number produced was never really known from what I've gathered on multiple conversations. Daytona's didn't have this issue so the number may stop at 5000.

#4 ·
production #;s

i have #07779 it is a regular cab gomango 4x4,i seen the production #;s somewhere on the net,i can;t remember the exact breakdown but i think it was approx. 1200 2 wheel drive gomango regular cabs ,1200 silver 2 wheel drive regular cab , 1200 gomango 4x4 regular cabs,1200 4x4 silver regular cab ,and the same rundown with extended cab,s it worked out to around 9,600 altogether , these #;s aren;t exact,

#5 ·
Hey guys. I belong to a site that's all but dead. It was at the time just for Daytona owners. Research that was done by admin. on the site came up with this list and explanation:
Daytona trucks were advertised as limited production. Research turned up production numbers slightly over 11,000, but some numbers were skipped. After contacting Daimler/Chrysler Customer Assistance Center regarding production numbers the following figures are broken down by color, tpye of cab, and drivetrain. Vin numbers are not in sequence as the Daytonas were built on the same lines as other Ram models.

GoManGo! 2wd Regular cab - 954
Metallic Silver 2wd Regular cab - 660
GoManGo! 2wd Quad cab - 1,061
Metallic Silver 2wd Quad cab - 1,110
GoManGo! 4x4 Regular cab - 1,260
Metallic Silver 4x4 Regular cab - 627
GoManGo! 4x4 Quad cab - 1,768
Metallic Silver 4x4 Quad cab - 1,258
Total number of Dodge Ram Daytona - 8,698

Mine is #07731 and I had a friend who had #10957. Go figure. I hope this helps answer most of your questions as that's the best answer we ever received from Chrysler.

#7 ·
Hey guys. I belong to a site that's all but dead. It was at the time just for Daytona owners. Research that was done by admin. on the site came up with this list and explanation:
Daytona trucks were advertised as limited production. Research turned up production numbers slightly over 11,000, but some numbers were skipped. After contacting Daimler/Chrysler Customer Assistance Center regarding production numbers the following figures are broken down by color, tpye of cab, and drivetrain. Vin numbers are not in sequence as the Daytonas were built on the same lines as other Ram models.

GoManGo! 2wd Regular cab - 954
Metallic Silver 2wd Regular cab - 660
GoManGo! 2wd Quad cab - 1,061
Metallic Silver 2wd Quad cab - 1,110
GoManGo! 4x4 Regular cab - 1,260
Metallic Silver 4x4 Regular cab - 627
GoManGo! 4x4 Quad cab - 1,768
Metallic Silver 4x4 Quad cab - 1,258
Total number of Dodge Ram Daytona - 8,698

Mine is #07731 and I had a friend who had #10957. Go figure. I hope this helps answer most of your questions as that's the best answer we ever received from Chrysler.

I believe this to be the closest to real data anyone will ever see on the production numbers.
The number in the truck is not really how many of them were built thats for sure.
I know when I bought my truck the dealer had mine, a GoMango QC, a Silver RC, and I think I silver QC as well. None of the numbers on them were close together yet the dealer got all them at same time.

#9 ·
Back when I bought my Daytona the consensus was Chrysler never published how many were built so its pretty much an educated guess. They were simply built on the same assembly line as all the other Rams and some got Daytonized while the next one didn't. I've read reports the number were not sequential with several numbers missing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.