DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How to take off headlight deflector

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  topsub 
#1 ·
How do i remove this piece?

I've looked but can't find an easy way unless i'm missing something?

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
The reflector pops out, its held in place by 3 clips, its like the headlamp housing clips, its a nipple that fits into a clip on the back of the housing, when I pulled mine off to install the projectors I used a plastic dash tool, the larger one and pulled it off the housing. That reflector is pretty solid at the rear of it, just still got to be careful of the front sides area. This is what it looks like from behind the reflector

#5 ·
The reflector pops out, its held in place by 3 clips, its like the headlamp housing clips, its a nipple that fits into a clip on the back of the housing, when I pulled mine off to install the projectors I used a plastic dask tool, the larger one and pulled it off the housing. That reflector is pretty solid at the rear of it, just still got to be careful of the front sides area. This is what it looks like from behind the reflector

What is the best way to remove teh chrome housing from the headlight housing? I saw some screws but those look hard to get to

#10 ·
I'll post an update here:

Welp got them apart:

Here we go:

Light coat of primer:

Gonna paint everything you see matte black, Then the shrouds color match the truck.

Found some Tint stuff, Very Pricey @ $12 a can

Before:

Primed and ready to go:

2 Coats of tint:

prob 4-6 Coats of Matte Black ( Still Wet )

So here is the final paint and mock up. I will be ordering the projectors today.

Didn't want to snap them in but mock up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.