DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Head Units for 97 Ram 1500

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  atvredneck13 
#1 ·
Im looking for an after market head unit for my truck (97 Ram 1500 SS/T) and wanted to know if you guys had any suggestions. Im looking for cheap but quality, more on the quality though. I need one that will work along with my 10" kicker subwoofer I got. I would keep the factory head unit in but it does not have the hookups for subwoofers.

Also since the factory unit is the 1 1/2 size head unit and normal ones are the 1 size, does anyone know if I can buy a 1 1/2 head unit(if there is even such a type) or a good filler kit that would fill the space left when I put the smaller head unit into the space where the factory one was.

If anyone could suggest something or help me out here that would be great!

#3 ·
I saw the great reviews about what you guys think of Alpine and I think Im going to go with the CDE-102 model.

On the Alpine website it is priced at $180.00 but on the best buy website it says $199.99. I will probably go to the local best buy and see if I they have any deals available, other wise Im going to go through the Alpine site, has anyone ever dealed with them on the website, what did you think about thier service?

#4 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Thanks for that link Randy!

I will deffinately take that with me when I go to look at the unit in best buy. A friend of mine has refferred me to crutchfield with good things to say about it, I'll check that out and see what shipping would come to, cause it might be cheaper to just drive to best buy and pick it up there.

#12 ·
I bought Alpine's CDE-102 Model off of crutchfield for $150 and it came in last night. I was very satisfied with the service and hopefully my back ordered wire harness should come in within a couple days. I also have 3 $20 coupons for whoever wants them(Message me, You can probably only use one though, first come first serve.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.