DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tailgate Ram Head

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  CajunDodge 
#1 ·
Can any of you that have removed the Ram Head on the tailgate go into some detail about what is under it? I've seen some pics showing the gate without the head but I can't tell from them exactly what it looks like. I've read about an indention (does it follow the shape of the head, etc.?) and I think I see a hole but I'm not sure. I've got an idea I'm thinking about trying but I'd like to hold off pulling the head until I know a little more.

Thanks.

#3 ·
The bottom does have an indention molded in. There are 3 holes that will be uncovered. Two are for plastic posts and the other is about the size of a penny, all at the bottom of the badge.
You can see these if you pull off the panel on the bed side of the tailgate.

#6 ·
Well if Maddog had some luck with his maybe you wil too! I think the 09s have holes and the indentation though. I saw one of the trucks on here that did do this and they were left with some holes.

Well i guess its up to you haha, good luck man!

#11 ·
i read at another site that a company called Billet Badges is or about to make custom badges for the '09 tailgates
Moes is just doing front emblems right now, last i heard

$60 to $80 for tailgate badges, i think i may get a POW MIA badge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.