DODGE RAM FORUM banner

'08 Ram Digital A/C control head

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  txwooley 
#1 ·
OK, I'm spoiled. My last 2 vehicles both had automatic a/c controls. Basically, I could set the a/c on 72 deg, and it would decide weather I needed the a/c, the heater, or a little bit of both. My '08 Ram 1500 (SXT) has an empty compartment underneath the standard a/c control head, which seems to me that a different head was an option, but I can't seem to find anything other than the stock head. Has anyone out there upgraded their a/c control head? I was thinking maybe a digital unit from a Grand Caravan or something like that, but I don't know if it would fit or wire-up. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
Welcome to the Z! Don't forget to stop by the newbie forum to get the official welcome :smileup:

As for that empty compartment, it's where the heated seat controls go. And I've never seen an automatic climate control for any of the rams, sorry, think you're stuck with good ol' manual control.

#8 ·
LOL. You would think in the day and age of rain-sensing windshield wipers, memory-adjust seats, and even self-parallel parking vehicles, Dodge could work their way into the 90's with Auto-A/C. What I really want is an auto-darkening rear-view mirror. Is that a possibility?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.