• 35%

Votes: 64 21.5%
  • 50%

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • 70%

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • No tint!

Votes: 27 9.1%

What percent window tint did you get (if any)?

32K views 125 replies 107 participants last post by  Biga 
#1 ·
Just wondering what % tint people are putting on their trucks.

#39 ·
Just got mine done for a birthday present. Went with 15% on the fronts to match the rear doors and 50% over factory on the back to have an even tint all round. Would like to do a mild tint on the windshield, but not 100% decided. I am not running my front plate, so if I get nabbed, I may as well be speeding to boot as they are going to throw the book at me anyways.

#41 · (Edited)
Got pulled over a few days ago and the LEO had a meter. It read 18% so he gave me a fix it ticket. Sucks as i normally drive with the windows down in the morning but at the time i had documents which i did not want to blow out. He moved on a few minutes before me so when i went back on the road he pulled over a QC 3rd gen which def had limo.. :(

#42 ·
Sounds to me like that officer likes to do easy work or is not very good at spotting other violations besides tint. Let's hope his police-ing skills develop so he can be the officer we want him to be. Catching bad guys not hassling people for tint. I know that it is their job but if that's all he's going for something is wrong. Just my honest opinion.

#43 ·
I've actually seen a police officer sit down the road from an audio store here in town and wait for people with newly tinted cars and pull them over for it. I was getting my remote start done, and the guy who works there warned us about him and to head down the other way when we leave. That kind of stuff just pisses me off. My uncle is a cop here in town and I have respect for officers, but sometimes they're a little over the top.

#49 ·
The 20% does match the rest of the stock tints which looks pretty good.

If you do what I did on my 07 Ram and tint the whole front windsheild from top to bottom it is fantastic. It makes the rest of the window's tints look much darker. It stops so much light from coming inside so it makes the whole truck look dark. I did a 35% on the windsheild and thn 20% on the rest of the windows and then 5% on the rear window. On my 11 Ram I just did 20% just on the 2 fronts and it looks very clean since it matches the rear pretty well

#52 ·
Well, it wasn't an option in the poll, but I went with 30% on the front side windows, and 15% for the front strip.

I think that the darker it is, the better it looks, period. But ANY tint on the front windows is illegal here, so I'm taking a risk just by doing the 30%.
It looks pretty good next to the factory tinted back windows, and I'm hoping I'll get away with it.... haha.

...Any darker, and I know I'd be getting pulled over all the time! :smiledown:

#55 ·
Im going with 20% on the fronts and stock on the back two and back window. Gonna try to get it all to match and am definatly going to make sure to see samples beore so I dont have color differences like some people have mentioned.

#57 ·
15% plus Eyebrow - Illegal in this state. That is, unless you have a prescription from a Dr like me :D

#58 ·
Got pulled over in Kingston Ontario Canada and got fined with a ticket because my tint is too dark. I understand the ontario traffic law about tinting and it is vague.
"No person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway where the surface of the windshield or of any window of the vehicle has been coated with any colour spray or other colour coating in such a manner as to obstruct the driver's view of the highway or any intersecting highway."
That seems open to interpretation!

My question is:

What happens if I pay the ticket but do not remove the tint? How would they know I didn't comply and changed it for a lighter shade?
The cop told me I could get it re-tinted a lighter shade.
There was no grading % taken so no way they would know the exact tint at the time of the ticket.
Also, is this ticket readily accessible or viewable on my record if I get pulled over again for something else?
Would they ticket me again or something worst?

#61 ·
Got pulled over in Kingston Ontario Canada and got fined with a ticket because my tint is too dark. I understand the ontario traffic law about tinting and it is vague.
"No person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway where the surface of the windshield or of any window of the vehicle has been coated with any colour spray or other colour coating in such a manner as to obstruct the driver's view of the highway or any intersecting highway."
That seems open to interpretation!

My question is:

What happens if I pay the ticket but do not remove the tint? How would they know I didn't comply and changed it for a lighter shade?
The cop told me I could get it re-tinted a lighter shade.
There was no grading % taken so no way they would know the exact tint at the time of the ticket.
Also, is this ticket readily accessible or viewable on my record if I get pulled over again for something else?
Would they ticket me again or something worst?
In Iowa you get a fixit ticket where you have to go to a repair facility and pay them to remove and/or sign off that tinting has been removed. This applies to out of state vehicles as well as Iowa registered vehicles. Otherwise it goes against the registration and you cannot renew until you have submitted the signed form.

#63 ·
I don't get how you guys are able to put 5-20% over the factory tint and still be able to see out of it... especially at night time.

I have 20% on the front sides, factory in the rear and 40% on the windshield... this provides enough blockage to keep heat out, partially eliminate the need for sun glasses, and also keep people from seeing in without being too dark and I can see out at night with no issues.

Windshield tint is not for everybody and usually very illegal... however, in most cases it gives a more uniform look, soft of an optical illusion to bring attention away from the dark side windows. Usually more visible in vehicles with lighter colored dashboards like my truck. I had 20% on the sides and nothing on the windshield on my Grand cherokee... light colored dashboard... it brings a lot of attention to the side windows especially on the GC as its much smaller in size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.