DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Batram - The Dark Knight

12K views 71 replies 41 participants last post by  RamSport2001 
#1 ·

Hey guys! I've spent the past few weeks gathering some footage and working on a new video for The Batram called, "The Dark Knight". This is the 4th and final one.....at least until a new Batman movie is released! ;) There has previously been "The Batram", "The Batram Returns", "The Batram Begins" and now "Batram - The Dark Knight" lol all a bit of fun eh!!! :p I enjoy driving this truck (understatement) and also shooting this stuff. It's all done on a Canon FS100, good but far short of pro and then it takes me around 2-3 hours to edit it using the stock standard everyone has one Windows Movie Maker. Just goes to show that with a little time and some effort, even with the basic tools something can be created. Anyhow, I like this movie, since my first video it's safe to say I've slowly gotten better LOL. It's a longish one too, just over 7 minutes 30! Hope you enjoy it! I put a shout out to this forum in the credits. :)

Cheers,
Carlwalski
The Batram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BX70NbwN-I/

See less See more
#7 ·
That is awesome, very well worth the time and effort you put into getting it together, thanks for sharing!!! :smileup:

- Cajun

#17 ·
Hey that was great. Would like to have one like it of my own. Since you seem pretty good, I'm making a request next time to include a shot where the truck is not in picture yet but then comes drifting sideways across the screen with a little smokey trailing from the sliding tires. cliche but cool. That would look badass.

#22 ·
this truck is f*&^%n sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

#28 ·
Mine is a little different (lol), I'm running a racing spec custom built 4L80E transmission and a Compushift controller (see link to demo video below). I was going to use the up and down controllers for the radio volume on the back, easy enough to do. That or the cruise control buttons on the front (just remove and relabel + and - (piece of piss to do). I am 99% sure it will work. You will obviously lose the radio controls but it will work. In short, you can use what ever wires you wish that are running through the column, I just wouldn't add any due to the clock spring and the dangers involved with bulk wiring and this area.

Take your time, triple check things and you'll be fine. At the end of the day, paddle shifters are nothing more than fancy buttons, albeit kick arse to use lol. But, they are just fancy switches sending instant signals to the computer to either up or down shift. Not sure if it will work in conjunction with the QC OEM transmission controller ECM etc? I'm running a Compushift so please keep that in mind. One thing to consider if you are going to use the radio controls, in the heat of battle, things go fast and those buttons are awfully close and awfully similar. Hitting a down shift at 5,800rpm won't be a pretty sight. But, out of the 2 factory locations you could acquire for the paddles (Cruise and radio controls) that would be the better feel as you pull against it which is the natural way when you hold a wheel (like most drivers should) at 3-9 o'clock. Below is a mock up I did when I was doing it. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJzqIvBijBA

Cheers,
Carl

#29 ·
DUDE I AM TOTALLY UPSET WITH YOU! i wanted to do a dark knight theme when i get a hemi spring or summer :( except i want to do slight accents of dark purple in certain areas. i do have to say you truck is totally badass and that video is sweet. love the bat symbol on the radiator? idk dont want to watch the whole video again lol. and the steering wheel!

#31 ·
Thanks mate! Yes, it's a custom laser cut Bat logo made from thin steel, definitely finishes off the engine bay. Many custom subtle "Bat" emblems throughout from the wheel centre caps and headrest logos to the console logo and engine bay work. Steering wheel is RHD, yes lol. I live in New Zealand (see people on the net say Netherlands lol) but no, 100% proud New Zealander here and that is where The Batram was born and made. Thanks for the comments!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.