DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Should I Debadge My Tailgate?

Should I Debadge My Truck?

14K views 54 replies 52 participants last post by  zrboy 
#1 ·
Should I debadge the tailgate of my truck? It says "Dodge" and then "4x4" on opposite sides.

The only reason I ask this is because I plan on borrowing a heat gun from work to take off the deal decal stuck on the tailgate.

Just want to get other peoples opinions and see what the overall thought about doing it is.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hey DeputyNelson, I, myself debadged everything on my truck and personally love the look. I have allot of friends that have done the same. It's all about personal prefference, really. I think you would be very pleased in the outcome!

#3 ·
I agree, it is a matter of personal choice and I personally like the badges, I even added some to the inside, too, lol, but either way, you have a nice looking truck! :smileup:

- Cajun

#6 ·
My heat gun I have does have variable speeds thankfully. I'm not to worried about messing it up, I managed to take off the decals of an old squad car the other week and didn't break anything! :smiley_thumbs_up:

#12 ·
I took off all the badges on the back and side except the HEMI emblem. I left it on. I like the clean look and Ive done it to every one of my vehicles. I used a hair dryer and it worked well. The only one I had trouble getting off the ram head on the tailgate. Good luck.

#13 ·
sorry i cant give you a yes or no answer on this because im soooo up in the air if i want to do my truck or not

#19 ·
debaging the truck looks so much better! I say do it!

#20 ·
I think debadgeing gives it a cleaner look. I took the Dodge 1500 off the doors, the Dodge and SLT off the tailgate, left the Hemi badges on the fenders and added a Hemi badge to the tailgate where the SLT was and I like it. But like they say it's your truck and if you don't like it you can always get new badges. Good luck.

#26 ·
Debadged mine but tailgate logo got Plastidip

Debadged the sides but since there is a body indent if this badge is removed I went ahead and tried Plastidip. Also did the grill badge and the chrome trans bezel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.