DODGE RAM FORUM banner

4.56s

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  HemiLonestar 
#1 ·
Getting 4.56s installed Saturday morning!

#2 ·
Here is a quick pic of my engine bay...

#5 ·
Awesome, what gearing did you run the 12.5 on? 3.55? You're truck is wicked!

Is that the v6 electric fan? Did you notice cooling improvements switching to it? I ask because I run no mech fan and the stock efan with stock shroud and have not had any issues with 180 tstat and fan set to kick on at around 200 deg. While moving the coolant never gets above like 190-194, and when sitting it climbs, then the fan kicks on and it comes back down to around 194. Then I get moving again and the fan kicks off as the coolant cools down.

JW if it's only a space savings mod or if it moves more air...

#6 ·
I went from the clutch fan to the Efan and have seen no change in temps. I do feel it rev up faster without the heavy clutch fan on the motor.

#7 ·
I ran the 12.5 on 3.92s. I expect a nice change going to the 4.56s. Maybe not a HUGE change if I was at 3.21 or 3.55.

#8 ·
Any advice from people who went bigger with gears?

Break in?

Driving style?

Level of awesomeness!?

#10 ·
Follow the instructions of the gear manufacturer. Just finished up my 500 break in and it was hard considering the route i use and i rarely use the truck during weekdays.

I don't know much about FI power band and peak but i thought the 3.xx ratios would be good on FI to make use of the rpm through the whole power band. It will go much quicker with 4.56's.

That said they are darn sweet on a NA setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.