DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Beading Pictures

4K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Chunkem 
#1 ·

I just washed my truck and decided to take a few pictures ;)
My wax of choice was Collinite 845, and it was applied a few weeks ago.
I love how this wax beads! Another thing you will notice
is how well it works on the plastic mirror housings :smileup:

Each Image is hyperlinked to a bigger version,
so you may click on the image to make it bigger if needed.

Enjoy!

See less See more
#2 ·
Great pics. Never heard of that wax before.

#7 ·
Thank you! Collinite is a family owned company in Utica, NY. A friend of the family brought a tin down with him when he came to visit and I have since found it to outperform my other selection of waxes. Many professional detailers use it too, even though it is not a household name by any means.

I've heard about that stuff but never seen any real pics after application. Thanks for sharing!
No problem Michael.

niceeeee pics man
Thank you!

Wow!!! I know you didn't mean to but those are some really great shots!!! Both showing the product but you captured some great designs, colors, images......wow!!
I added a little contrast to some, but nothing was edited beyond sharpening the colors.

where did you purchase that wax???
It can be bought from Autogeek, ProperAutoCare, or other websites. I got my first bottle from ebay. There are a lot of sellers who offer free shipping.

This particular wax has this description, per collinite.com "This heavy duty liquid wax was originally developed for use by electric power companies for protection against high voltage power failure, fires and explosions. It's primary use is on the finishes of automobiles, trucks, buses and airplanes where durability, high gloss and lasting protection are paramount. An excellent choice for fleet applications and very easy to use--requires minimum rubbing or buffing. Clear coat safe."

#4 ·
niceeeee pics man

#8 ·
Very nice! I agree with BlueJet, great pics, you captured it very well! Looks like that stuff works perfectly, thanks for the pics! :smileup:

- Cajun

#9 ·
Thank you! I does work perfect in my experience. You can easily wax 30+ vehicles out of a pint of 845. It goes on thinner than any wax I have ever used, and removes very easily. If you read the description you can see why it is the choice of many detailers for a Winter Wax. It holds up very well to salt and road debris in the winter months :smileup:

#11 ·
SHOW-OFF!!!! :smileup::smileup::smileup:

Looks great as usual Luke! Keep up the good work and thanks for all the advice and information that you have shared with us "weekend warriors"
Jay

#13 ·
This thread is 3 years old, haha. Can't say I've found a wax that I like better yet. :smileup:

looks great man...845 is amazing stuff..and so is its DIFFICULT to work with cousin 476!

datrep; it is actually pretty readily available at places like advanced auto parts.

hit their website and it will show you where to buy.

a tip to applying 845 thin, is to put it in a misting spray bottle...a spray per panel is all you need...unless you want to do a second coat AFTER doing the entire truck first!
Where do you think that idea came from... ;)

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/128965-collinite-spray-wax.html

Yes, THINNER IS BETTER

#14 · (Edited)
This thread is 3 years old, haha. Can't say I've found a wax that I like better yet. :smileup:

Where do you think that idea came from... ;)

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/128965-collinite-spray-wax.html

Yes, THINNER IS BETTER
HAHA...now thats a small world....i deserve a kick in the schnuts for that! :nutkick:

i actually first saw the tip on a youtube video and thought it was brilliant! i mean if you can spray a compound you must be able to spray a wax right?!?:thk:

good for you man...illl have to quote that thread whenever i give that tip!

hope you didnt think i was trying to steal your thunder!?!:rippedhand:

#12 ·
looks great man...845 is amazing stuff..and so is its DIFFICULT to work with cousin 476!

datrep; it is actually pretty readily available at places like advanced auto parts.

hit their website and it will show you where to buy.

a tip to applying 845 thin, is to put it in a misting spray bottle...a spray per panel is all you need...unless you want to do a second coat AFTER doing the entire truck first!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.