DODGE RAM FORUM banner

True dual straight piped

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  APE 
#1 · (Edited)
So at the moment I have the cherry bomb extreme dumped right after the cab and flex pipes clamped in to replace my cats(horrible idea...flex pipes leak lol and nonfoulers are already in place). It's loud and I like it(other than the leak) but I want something a little different. So I'm wanting to run true dual straight pipes from the cats back, with most likely an x pipe with cowboy cut tips. So my question is what size pipes should I use, 2.5 or 3 in? Should I hollow out my cats or not? Also what gains should I see over my current setup? Also emissions and safety don't matter, I know a guy that will pass me as long as I'm not throwing a code. :D Keep in mind I like it loud and my neighbors don't mind me disturbing the peace :p

Edit: where should I go about getting piping too?

#2 ·
Well I got lucky! My buddy happened to have the exact setup I wanted!!! All I need to get is about 10' of straight tubing and s 90 degree pipe to connect the straight pipe to the driver side pipe.

A little dirty but it'll clean up!

and that's not me that's another buddy lol

Oh and has no one else straight piped there truck??

#7 ·
straight pipin loses performance, that's why not a lot of people do it...it's almost strictly a loud mod...stick with smaller (2.25"-2.5"), any bigger and the performance just get's worse...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.