DODGE RAM FORUM banner

water coming in when door opens

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Briansal 
#1 ·
I don't know if this is happening to any one else but whenever it rains it seams water will sit in the channel at the top of my door against the weather strip and when I open the door it all splashes down onto the edge of my seat. I have the quad cab and it happens on all the doors. Any suggestions to fix or does this happen to you? its not alot of water but enough to piss me off.

#2 ·
I keep a blue mini 'Sham WOW' in each of the door pockets. I quit allowing this to annoy me about 30 years ago. Somethings just seem to completely escape the engineering department.....of all the manufactures.

Just wait for snow.....the powdery stuff! Doesn't matter how slow you open the door, you get enough on the seats that you could swear you left the window open. :LOL:

#3 ·
You could always stop sharply just before you open the doors on a rainy day.

I've got the crew cab, I haven't noticed this, will have too look for it next time it rains.

Do you have vent visors on your truck? I don't know if it'll make a difference or not.

Exco

#4 ·
Yes, it pisses me off. My little cousin even noticed it, he opened the passenger side door, saw the water fall on the seat and said "Design flaw!". Hes 10... :(

I also keep a microfiber cloth in the door storage for this, and dusting the interior, etc...

#8 ·
Happens to me too. Usually it is still raining so as much gets in just by opening the door. In the garage is a different story, but i have towels there.

#10 ·
Yup, happens to me all the time. Especially when I wash it. Since the roof is so high I open the doors and stand on door ledge in order to wash it. I am always getting water on the seats. I don't think there is much you can do except keep a cloth handy to wipe it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.