DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rumblebee ram air hood

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  MS520 
#1 ·
I just got a rumblebee hood last night. I was wondering has anyone ever modded this hood for ram air?

G
#2 ·
Post up some pics!

I suspect that you'd have to build a custom plenum and some intake hose or pipe to make it work. They weren't designed as a cold air intake hood.

You might check out AirAid...they have some kits for cars and trucks that might work with your truck and hood.

#4 ·
Sounds nice man, definitely want to see pics of that! :)

- Cajun

#7 · (Edited)
I have the same hood and have been wondering the same thing. But in reality it would take a lot of effort. You have to mold the stuck on piece to the hood so it looks like 1 piece. Then you would have to drille a hole in the hood and the front of the scoop. You will probably have to get the hood painted after as well. Then you have to buy the piece that makes it possible ram air.

Volant makes a piece that goes from the hood to the air box. I am not sure if you can use that with other CAI or not. It may just be for the Volant one.

It was almost better to buy a functional hood insted man. The Super Bee scoop is really just for looks

#10 ·
wanna see some pics of this hood!! :smileup:

As for making it functional i think it would take more work then it is worth and buy a proper ram air hood would be a better choice!!

#14 ·
Great looking hood :smileup: Kinda with Skat on this one, if you want a functional hood, you'd be better off with the SRT hood.

hey CD, ho does your ram air hood deal with rain, snow, car wash....is there drain holes so it wont reach the filter?
mine does have drain holes, and with the engine heat, I don't have issues with ice. It made all through last winter with no ill effect from any water as the airflow takes a 90 degree turn before it enters the CAI.

#13 ·
Yea thats the one I have. I do not think making it functional worth it. You would have to get it molded to the hood, which then would need a paint job. Then you would have to cut a hole in the right spot and in the headliner. After that you would need to buy a kit that makes it functional. Or you could just have the air going to the motor.

Like I said I think Volant makes a scoop that goes from the hood to the CAI box

The truck looks really good though!! Nice job man!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.