DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Winch Questions for 2500

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  J Heavy 
#1 ·
Ok, first thing first....Warn or Smittybilt for a winch with onboard compressor? I know they are both relatively the same on paper, but has anyone heard anything useful from the field? Second, is there any type of removable option like a front mount receiver for the 2010 Ram 2500? Looking at the specs, it looks like the line pull of the winch and the weight of the truck is too much for a front receiver. I'd like to remove it in the winter when I'm not going to use it much so it doesn't get wrecked by ice. Any info would be great...Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Im not sure about smittybilt but i know warn is a good winch, warn is whats on the dodge power wagons. Im not sure if you can just mount a hitch on the front but i know they come on a lot of full replacement bumpers so i would think that could be a option and it should be plenty strong enough and very easy to take on and off

#5 ·
I run the warn powerplant on my Jeep. I installed a 2.5gl hotgog tank in the rear to be able to run air tools. The winch has a very strong constant pull but is slow (as long as you are not trying to enter a rockcrawling event who cares what the line speed is) and the commpresser has worked well. The only problem I have had is if it sits in the weather for too long it does not like to switch from winch to compresser but that is not really a problem since it is the same motor for both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.