DODGE RAM FORUM banner

I Really Need Some Flares!!!

3K views 46 replies 12 participants last post by  erm 
G
#1 ·
Had to travel to Southern Oregon and check out my construction project.

All it did was rain, rain, rain...

I really need to get some flares on!!!

Got home safe and got a free, but not very effective, truck wash as it rained, rained, rained all the way home...LOL

See less See more
#33 ·
Oh, no, it's not like that! If you notice, I think I ended up jacking this thread more than you, lol, now that's a change haha. It's all good, maybe nobody will notice.....:)

- Cajun

#35 ·
I just ordered some pocket flares for my 07. I will have to post up some pics when they come in. I bought the smooth surface flares instead of textured. I will see if they look good on the red truck with the stock black smooth surface or I will have them painted if I don't like the look.

Anyone already have them on their truck either painted or unpainted?

#40 ·
That looks sweet on your truck! :smileup: I like the idea of flares, just think they would look out of place on my truck.

- Cajun

#42 · (Edited)
I thought about painting them but wanted to see how they fit and how I would like them on my red truck and behold they are on and I am leaving them. The fake bolts and washers are stainless steel so unless they look bad after a while they will stay bare. Maddog you could always get flares without the pockets so you don't have the bolts. Drove around last night and everywhere I went the compliments continued.

G
#47 ·
Maddog you could always get flares without the pockets so you don't have the bolts.
The only flares I have found that give me 2.5" of coverage past the wheel well are the Bushwacker pocket style flares. I don't want to go with a flare that still leaves some tires sticking out...doesn't make sense to me.

Was going to put them on black and leave off the bolts but now I'm thinking I'll paint them body color and put the bolts on. I have just the littlest bit of chrome on the sides and I think this will look good.

Your's looks great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.