DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram MPG Zone
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram MPG Zone Discuss your MPG woes and helpful hints here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-20-2015, 03:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ran 1500 Crew Cab 4X4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:39
gofishn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysnst2 View Post
I'm not saying that wiring a better ground won't make it more effeciant I know it will. I do know anyone that has a 5.7 hemi that's getting over 18 and I live in the country. And so do most of my buddies. That where I'm calling BS. If you guys are getting that good of mpg. Then I suck at driving. I was an aircraft mechanic before now I work for an IDOT maintenance facility. One of the most important parts of any piece of Equiptment on road and off-road is the ground. We are using 2 to 4 guage wire on 90% of all our Equiptment for grounds. I'm installing a whelen freedom 55 and 6 vortex led strobes on my new ford and number one thing is a new ground. But like I said I'm getting 18 mpg in the new ford with the same driving habit's
Central Iowa. Last tank was totally Des Moines Suburban driving. 16.5MPG and speed was normally 35-45mph. 2014 Crew Cab, 5.7hemi, 8 speed, 4X4, 3:92 rear end gears with an average of 600-800lbs of passengers and cargo. 87 octane, ethanol blend, calculated by hand, the EVIC lies too much to even bother looking at it.

Have hit 18, lots of times, 99% interstate driving, on rolling terrain.

Dave
De-badged, Head Light Mod, LED Dome Light Mod, Husky X-ACT Contour Mats, AVS Deflectors, DZ Tailgate Assist, ARE Cap, Line-X, DZ Bed Mat, OEM Remote Start-Mud Flaps-W2W SS Steps, Kenwood DDX492, Alpine MRV-F300 Amp, Alpine SPR-6x9, Polk Audio DB351, Stinger Roadkill Sound Damping