DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:87
Rambunkshuss will become famous soon enough

The 1900 / 2100 vibes you feel are "frequency harmonic vibrations" coming from the engine, there is no fix for that thru chrysler. I`ve had 3 of the 4th gen hemi trucks do this. With ALOT of testing with dampers on the engine block, i was able to find it and stop it... among other things like adding silicone to the bottom of the gas pedal to absorb vibes... dampening pads to the floorboards... 4 exhaust ballast`s from the 2005 TSB. Until chrysler designs a better dampening system within the hemi engines and the frame and body`s, it will never go away.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Express Crew
Rep:10
rpate79 is on a distinguished road

I have 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 6 speed and have had mine in the shop 4 times for this "vibration" "shutter" or whatever it is and they have gone as far to even call it "learning of different driver habits"...but what I have found out is that I can make it do it by letting off the gas and slowly getting back on it and also when I go to turn in a driveway or different road it don't seem to want to downshift. I can yield onto another road from an upper speed and I can push the manual shift to see what gear the truck is actually in and its always 4th gear. So I would love to know what this is!!
Old 01-08-2015, 12:43 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:56
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
I'm hoping they'll address it with a Uconnect update at some point. I've actually had it stay on 1 or 2 times between starts, but obviously its far from consistent.
I'm not counting on Uconnect to fix anything at this point. I still can't connect to the Via Mobile Apps on my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4.2. Since launch, this function has NEVER been operational in my truck. I've spent hours and hours on the phone with Uconnect and they've been pretty much worthless. I've unlinked all my accounts on the moparownerconnect site, and then relinked them. I've uninstalled the app on my smartphone, and then reinstalled. I've unpaired my phone with my truck, and then repaired. From my experience, getting the "Shuffle" button to stay on would be a minor miracle from Uconnect.
Mod List: Line-X Platinum Spray-On Bedliner, BakFlip VP Tonneau Cover, TufTruck 1223-V HD Coil Springs, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, Air Lift 1000 Air Bags, Air Lift Wireless One Remote System with On-board Compressor, & Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liners
Old 01-31-2015, 12:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: express 2013 dodge Ram
Trim Level: express
Color: Max steel
buzzjt is on a distinguished road

My 2013 dose it to. I think it has to be in gear to do it because the motor is then under load! I think it is just the way this motor is at that RPM all most everyone I have talked to has it , Had lots of different motors they all vibrate at some RPM,
Old 02-02-2015, 05:35 PM

You can set a large glass of water (filled 1/2 full) on top of ANY engine, then slowly start to bring up the rpm`s and watch the water vibrate in the glass at different rpm`s. You will notice all kinds of different vibration`s and changes in the frequencies that will disturb the water in the glass throughout many different rpm levels. When you see the water vibrate violently, those are the harsher vibrations that find their way throughout your vehicle... steering wheel, gas & brake pedal, floorboards, seats, and so on. Vehicle`s are so thin today, it dosent take any effort to send vibrations at different frequencies to everywhere, including the cabins. Take into consideration, these vibes have nowhere to die off, so they continue to wreak havic until they find, you, you have become the absorbent for them, because you are at the last point that they can travel... and so is the body, the frame, the cabin, the person`s, within the vehicle. I hope i have explained it in simple enough language so that you can understand how & why it happens.

Here`s hopefully a simple test that will make you understand engine vibration....
Go start your push mower, put one hand on top of the engine, pretty smooth at idle...
Now bring up the throttle slowly to WOT... do you feel the change in vibration factor`s...???
YES, you will...! This is the same thing happening in your truck... harmonic`s
Old 02-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: express 2013 dodge Ram
Trim Level: express
Color: Max steel
buzzjt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambunkshuss View Post
You can set a large glass of water (filled 1/2 full) on top of ANY engine, then slowly start to bring up the rpm`s and watch the water vibrate in the glass at different rpm`s. You will notice all kinds of different vibration`s and changes in the frequencies that will disturb the water in the glass throughout many different rpm levels. When you see the water vibrate violently, those are the harsher vibrations that find their way throughout your vehicle... steering wheel, gas & brake pedal, floorboards, seats, and so on. Vehicle`s are so thin today, it dosent take any effort to send vibrations at different frequencies to everywhere, including the cabins. Take into consideration, these vibes have nowhere to die off, so they continue to wreak havic until they find, you, you have become the absorbent for them, because you are at the last point that they can travel... and so is the body, the frame, the cabin, the person`s, within the vehicle. I hope i have explained it in simple enough language so that you can understand how & why it happens.

Here`s hopefully a simple test that will make you understand engine vibration....
Go start your push mower, put one hand on top of the engine, pretty smooth at idle...
Now bring up the throttle slowly to WOT... do you feel the change in vibration factor`s...???
YES, you will...! This is the same thing happening in your truck... harmonic`s
Agree
Old 02-03-2015, 05:27 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Rep:117
Red-Stripe will become famous soon enoughRed-Stripe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpate79 View Post
I have 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 6 speed and have had mine in the shop 4 times for this "vibration" "shutter" or whatever it is and they have gone as far to even call it "learning of different driver habits"...but what I have found out is that I can make it do it by letting off the gas and slowly getting back on it

TSB 18-050-14
Old 02-09-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Stripe View Post
TSB 18-050-14
It helps others if you would add some detail on what his TSB is for and what it does...thank you
Old 02-14-2015, 01:45 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM CC 4X4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
Rep:16
Tom-G is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambunkshuss View Post
It helps others if you would add some detail on what his TSB is for and what it does...thank you
That TSB is for the MDS vibration. It was revised and is 18-050-14 Rev A. Here is a link to the TSB section of the forum on this.

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=186705
Old 02-15-2015, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500
Trim Level: laramie
Color: blue streak pearl
14bluelaramie is on a distinguished road

I still have my 2000 rpm vibration in winter and I have noticed in some warmer days this winter my steering wheel thunk is still there and Chrysler still wont fix it although they did admit feeling it and they did replace the intermediate steering shaft. well that didn't fix anything. now they refuse to feel the steering wheel thunk. yes I have 2 separate issues that make my driving experience very annoying throughout the whole year. I have taken the next step and still in limbo. I cant say much, but Chrysler has not responded to my man in the first 90 days.

Last edited by 14bluelaramie; 02-15-2015 at 12:44 PM.