DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Pacesetters

2K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  hemiheaven 
#1 ·
Ok, so after much debate and help from Eric at Bully's, I decided to go with some Pacesetter long tube headers with ceramic coat. Plan on deleting the cats and running true duals. Anybody have suggestions on mufflers? Don't want it too loud. I like the sound of the Borla cat back my Daytona came stock with, but.....

Thanks again Eric!!!

#2 ·
I am also about to do the pacesetter with there y-pipe and cat delete. I however want super loud.

a lot of people run the magnaflow cause its kind of quiet until you want to get on it. I was looking at the Borla XR-1 muffler but was going to get the shortest one they have to make it louder.

I am interested to see how this turns out, and how your going to trick the downstram o2's (unless you have a custom tune).

#3 ·
I am also about to do the pacesetter with there y-pipe and cat delete. I however want super loud.

a lot of people run the magnaflow cause its kind of quiet until you want to get on it. I was looking at the Borla XR-1 muffler but was going to get the shortest one they have to make it louder.

I am interested to see how this turns out, and how your going to trick the downstram o2's (unless you have a custom tune).
I was also just looking at the XR-1's. And yes, next will be a custom tune.

#4 ·
im thinking of doing the tune after as well but until then im thinking of using the non-fouler spacers for the rear 02's I wonder how it will work.

do you have any warranty on your truck and do you think the headers would void it?

im curious as to what gains you notice...keep my posted.

Thanks. :smileup:

#6 ·
im thinking of doing the tune after as well but until then im thinking of using the non-fouler spacers for the rear 02's I wonder how it will work.

do you have any warranty on your truck and do you think the headers would void it?

im curious as to what gains you notice...keep my posted.

Thanks. :smileup:
As soon as the headers show up and get the new pipe and mufflers all done. First thing I am doing is getting a custom tune. I will keep you posted.

#5 ·
I am about to do headers also' leaning to JBA short tubes, won't have to worry about the O2 sensors. My 08 has the lifetime power train warranty. I checked with my dealer and they told me headers would not void warranty. They would have to prove that the headers caused a failure to void the warranty.

#7 ·
I have that same warranty...Chrysler max care, 08 is the last year to get it. and did you clarify with them it was shorties you were installing? I have read that short tubes don't but longtubes possibly could. im going to do it either way and then if something big goes wrong (tranny, engine, ect...) im going to put the stock stuff back on just incase. my dealership is pretty lenient on mods though so I should be alright. Thanks for the help :smileup:

#8 ·
When I talked to my dealership, i didn't specify short or long tubes. My dealership has been great to work with. So far between my wife and 2 boys we have bought 3 vans and 3 trucks from them. (also went to college with the sales manager and assistant sales manager)

#9 ·
man that's good to hear, and my future in modding looks good right now :LOL:

Its always good to find a dealership that doesn't try and screw you.

#10 ·
Got my headers. Will be Wed. before I can install and cut out the cats. Can't wait!!! :smileup:

#11 ·
good luck man, hope it all goes good :smileup:

#13 ·
If you plan on headers, better get in on the deal on the Pacesetter's from Bully's. Thanks guys! Will produce butt dyno results after install around Thursday. I am going ahead with the hemifever custom tune hopefully before the header install. So, we shall see. I am running the "Diablo" can tune (93 octane tune). Fingers crossed :box2:

#14 ·
I plan to here in about 4 weeks. I cant wait...thanks for all the updates. :smileup:

#16 ·
I swear! I am about to lose it! Every part I put on needs modification on this truck. First the Volant PowerCore lids wholes didn't line up, so I had to auger one of them out.......AutoAnything had me send pics of it and determined I am a dumb f!@# and can't put a lid on a CAI. Second was the Flex A LIte efan. I had to cut a portion of the radiator overflow bracket so it wouldn't hit my fan, that's why the first one went bad. Now to my Pacesetter ceramic LT's. Drivers side fine. Passenger side, had to grind off bell housing for them to go on straight and bend the trans line some because the headers were right on it. And they left out one of the header bolts. I am so thrilled with all the companies selling, and making these "bolt ons" that won't take responsibility. Tomorrow goes on the pacesetter y pipe, yeah!

#17 ·
man im sorry to hear you've had some bad luck with your mods. did you order the headers from bullys? ive had nothing but good experiences with them so far but idk this is shocking to me.

Hope you get it figured out without too much hassle.

#18 ·
Yes. I got them through Bully's. But, in this case it was not the suppliers fault. It was Pacesetter with fitment issues. Went ahead and put the Pacesetter 3" ypipe in. Glad to be done, but everything could have went smoother than it did IMO. And hemifever's 93 tune is good to go!

#19 ·
well I hope I don't have the same fitment issues. how do you like them so far for sound and performance? any CEL lights? and some pics would be nice of under the cab :smileup:

Ive been waiting for someone to do this install on a 3rd gen for awhile cause its the exact install I want to do. What did you do about the rear o2's?

#21 ·
Ive been waiting for someone to do this install on a 3rd gen for awhile cause its the exact install I want to do. What did you do about the rear o2's?
You'll have to get o2 extensions to make them fit. Just make sure they are plugged in and you'll be fine. Even if your CEL comes on the truck will still run great

I had no fitment issues with my Pacesetters so its kind of surprising to hear you had fitment issues. Then again as much as these trucks are made the same, they aren't made the same too haha

#20 ·
They don't sound a lot different. Noticeable performance gain. You have to leave the sensors intact. I had to tap for the rears in the new y pipe. Hemifever deleted the cats and have no CEL or any problems...

#23 ·
did you just drill it out and tap it or did you weld a nut on the pipe? ive seen some different variations and ways to do this but im still trying to work out how to do mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.