DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Help ???

910 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Kamanhart 
#1 ·
I own a 2004 dodge ram 5.7 lit. Hemi and I love the power but I also do not like the fuel milege at all but I do know it is a 2500 4x4 but my question is I tow a 29 foot camp trailer and would like more power and milege so what does everyone recommend. cold air intake with diablo tuner or do I go to the cost of supercharger and if so what are some real world numbers that all of you are getting and if I did go supercharged how is durability on the engine? Sorry for all the questions this is my first Dodge pickup as I usually go Chevy. But I wanted to try a dodge, love it so far. Thanks for your time.:Wow1:

#2 ·
You're talking a lot of money for a moderate gain in horsepower with a supercharger. I wouldn't consider a good value for the price of admission. You're probably better off going with a tuner and CIA option. You'll get a little more horsepower and the ability to tweek the shift pattern on the tranny which will help with keeping the RPM's in the higher torque band.

#3 ·
I gotta agree with roger that a supercharger might not be the best option, but you could always put in a aftermarket cam that would move the power your truck has to a more usable rpm band and get more power in the process. Its less moeny then a supercharger as well as now of the tranny issues are as prevalent, just an idea.

#5 ·
Thanks for the responses and taking the time, so for the money you guys are recommending cold air intake, cat back exhaust, and tuner ? or a cam swap for the engine. what kind of mpg have you guys gained from such upgrades? when you do a cam swap would you not need to upgrade the ecm ? :wow:

#6 ·
If you do a cam swap depending on the cam (if you get one that makes it worth while) you will need custom tuning, this is easy if you get a Diablo trinity or intune for your tuner.

I just did a cam swap on my 1500 and i went with Inertia and they provided me with a custom tune that i just loaded into my trinity tuner then into my truck, this would be the same for any swap but depending on the cam you decided you will need to make sure you have a tuner that is able to make the cam work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.