DODGE RAM FORUM banner

zex nitrous system 12 ram

954 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  djjerez702 
#1 ·
Leaning on doing this but couple friends keep talking me out of it im not to good when it comes engine work im more of an audio guy but this whole being faster business im liking too much! currently have vararam, 87 moes tb, racing edge Tq conv, y pipe and magnaflow exhaust hemifever diablo trinity! I was either going to go with cam and dyno tune but this nitrous kit just keeps calling my name! what do you guys think or recomend does it really hurt the engine that bad was thinking bout doing a 75 shot or maybe 100 only when i go to drag strip so maybe 2-3 times a week

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/zex-82176b/overview/year/2012/make/ram/model/1500

#3 ·
The nitrous kit is dead simple to install. The hardest part is pulling the fuel line fitting off the fuel rail to install their in-line adapter, everything else just bolts in and 'tuning' it is literally the press of a button. A 75 shot can be run on a stock tune with no issues, a 100 shot I'd recommend 1 stage colder plugs and pull 2 degrees of timing. The Nitrous subsection has a lot of this info already so have a look there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.