DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Exhaust tips question - please help!

979 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Thumper14 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone -

So I have a single in, dual out (3"in, 2.5" out I believe) Flowmaster Super 10 with the resos taken off and had the exhaust shop run it out of the original stock tips... Now here's the thing: It's not deep enough sounding for me and I don't want to spend a crapload of money getting a new system... so I was thinking about some longer/wider tips to help deepen the sound. When I was at the shop originally and asked about them, the guy told me that adding longer tips or widening them isn't going to change the sound. Am I crazy or will adding longer (say like 12-14") and wider tips help deepen the sound?

Thanks, this has been bugging me for a while now!

#2 ·
I've read on other post saying that bigger tips will change the tone of the exhaust. Hopefully someone will chime in and give there opinion.

#4 ·
I have a the Magnaflow Y pipe, 14" Magnaflow, resonators removed and 5" Tips...Tips were the last thing I added and it definitely deepened the sound, made it just alittle louder too

#5 ·
Thanks for the help guys - I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on some longer 5" tips to see how much the sound differs from the stock tips. Thanks again~!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.