DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Bully Dog Owners and Future Buyers be aware of their new policy

39K views 108 replies 54 participants last post by  scoobyxj 
#1 ·
I just talked to Bully Dog sales and its true, Bully Dog has implemented this new 250$ policy without telling anyone or at least you have to ask, its not indicated on there website, there downloadable manuals still stipulate that your allowed to move it from one vehicle to another by putting that said vehicle back to stock but this new policy is affective now, and check this one out its for Chrysler vehicles only. Tuners by BD for Ford's, GM etc do not have this policy. Also, seems even if you bought it a year ago and sales had stipulated the same info as in the uses manual that you can move it to another vehicle you wont be able to do it. I will be emailing them this tread so any unhappy customers feel free to voice your thoughts.

Bully Dog will be shooting itself in the foot with this new policy, If you like a product you tell a friend about it, but if you get screwed by someone, 100 people will know about it. Not Cool Bully Dog. Not Cool.

#65 ·
Where it has his vin number if you scroll down does it say vinh with the vin a second time? Was it off a 2013 Ram??

If not then you should get your money back or at least have him refund 300. I would put in a disput with paypal ASAP if it was me, because right now it is a 300 paper weight. I sell a lot on ebay and they will make him give you a refund if it doesnt work.

#72 ·
Thanks for the FYI Re. Bully Dog

Getting ready to purchase a Tuner and was about to ask the Age Old Question, which to buy, Bully Dog or Diablo? Now I know!!
Thanks for the info.:smileup:

I just talked to Bully Dog sales and its true, Bully Dog has implemented this new 250$ policy without telling anyone or at least you have to ask, its not indicated on there website, there downloadable manuals still stipulate that your allowed to move it from one vehicle to another by putting that said vehicle back to stock but this new policy is affective now, and check this one out its for Chrysler vehicles only. Tuners by BD for Ford's, GM etc do not have this policy. Also, seems even if you bought it a year ago and sales had stipulated the same info as in the uses manual that you can move it to another vehicle you wont be able to do it. I will be emailing them this tread so any unhappy customers feel free to voice your thoughts.

Bully Dog will be shooting itself in the foot with this new policy, If you like a product you tell a friend about it, but if you get screwed by someone, 100 people will know about it. Not Cool Bully Dog. Not Cool.

#77 ·
They repealed the fee after I raised a shit with them. I am pretty sure i started this tidal wave as I was the first one that I know of that actually paid like an idiot. I was ready to break a foot off in someone. After a long battle i got paid back. I need to track down the fella I bought the tuner from as he offered a discount for the debacle and i owe him a few bucks back for sure.

#79 ·
Hey Daryl, Welcome to the Ram ForumZ! I invite you to drop by the Newbie Check In section and introduce yourself so other members can give you a proper howdoyado.

Tuner is your best bet. For at or under $500 you can add a few horses to it.

#84 ·
Well I was on the fence but back to DS for a new tuner. I won't even l look at the BD tuners anymore.

#87 · (Edited)
What happened to honesty in company products I bought mine in 08 when I got my new truck when I went to use it in my new to me hemi truck I get told I need to pay a fee to use it on my new truck by their customer service. THIS IS BULL when I bought it I got it because I was told by them you can move from old truck to new truck without fees must have sold a bunch and found out MOPAR owners are always MOPAR owners and had to find a way to steal from them. I will be trying to install it in my 06 mega cab toy I just picked up maybe it will be of use to me there without spending more money.

#88 ·
wow i was on the fence looking at BD and DS and just saw this looks like a very clear choice DS looked nicer to me any way but this just made it a hands down choice its just greed all of the programers cant cost more than $50 to make in china anyway to be honst like i do get they need to make a buck but after you pay $600 come on and i dont know if they add that much any way on the brand new trucks im just going to take the cats off is the main reason im going to get one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.